Rear window wiper not working?

CMF_TonkMasta

» CMF Member
Hi, was wondering if anyone could give a brother some clues on why my rear window wiper doesn't work? I've discovered that there is no voltage between any of the pins on the three pin connector which comes out of the wiper motor, as I removed the (bloody flimsy) panel in the tailgate to access this. I was measuring with a decent multimeter between chassis earth and checked all three pins. Nothing. I determined that, what I assume is the fuse for this, as it's marked "RR window" (or something like that!) is intact and if I remove it, the water squirty pump motor thing is disabled. I can't see a relay anywhere, apart from the one which controls the front wipers - unless it also controls the rear?? I'm guessing there should be a relay *somewhere* for this... anyway, I'm a computer/electronics guru not a mechanic and clearly I'm now a bit out of my depth :)
Any help, clues, pointers gratefully accepted.
Cheers. (BTW, it's a 1995 Micra SLX five door)

CMF_JKL

» CMF Member
Have you checked fuses?
Use a test lamp, its preferred, unless your testing for voltage drop accross a motor or simmilar.
Sounds like fuse or switch, if you have no power at all and no washer...

CMF_TonkMasta

» CMF Member
JKL WROTE:

"Have you checked fuses?

Use a test lamp, its preferred, unless your testing for voltage drop accross a motor or simmilar.

Sounds like fuse or switch, if you have no power at all and no washer...

Yeppers.... the fuse is ok, as I said "the fuse for this, as it's marked "RR window" (or something like that!) is intact and if I remove it, the water squirty pump motor thing is disabled." Sorry if this was unclear, what i mean is the fuse is OK, if I remove it the washer doesn't work. Cheers. :)

CMF_JKL

» CMF Member
Naaa not unclear...
Im just S t uP Id

Mmmmm does sound like the switch... If you can locate the harness under the steering column area you should be able to confirm a power supply to the switch and then coming back out when the switch is turned to on position(if it is ok).

Back