Rear Shocker Bolts

K10

Ex. Club Member
Hi Folks,

Anyone else had trouble with these?

On my car the bush in the rear damper has siezed to the bolt, so it looks like i'm gonna have to cut out the old ones, nip to nissan to get a pair of new bolts and nuts.

Anyone else had this, and if so how did you get round it? Just thought i'd ask before I get the hacksaw / grinder out :laugh:

Cheers, Dan :)

yes yes and yes mate, there is only one way round it, i went to the scrap yard found some nice looking bolts and angle grinded the rusted ones off the car, i was replacing the rear shocks anyway which made life even eaisier.

when you fit new bolt spray them with copper grease to stop them seizing in the future :)

which bolt is it you mean?? if you mean the one at the bottom of the shock an air powered impact driver got mine off, if you dont have one go to a local garage and they will loosen it off for ya. if you mean the top bit that has like a flat bit sticking out, i got a big adjustable spanner on that and tightened it as much as i could, then got a nice sturdy ring spanner on the bottom, put some penatrating oil/spray and after a couple of mins wack the ring spanner with a rubber mallet while holding the adjustable one in place (ask a mate) and bobs yer uncle! :)

problem is mate he's said the bolt has rusted and seized to the sleeve in the bottom of the shock once that happens is new bolts new shock time, trust me I've seen it. took it to a garage and even they couldn't get em off. save yourself loads of time mate angle grind off and replace ;)

spot on mr speedle, the bush is now part of the bolt ;)

good stuff, must admit the grinder is my fave toy on the quiet :) excuse to treat it to a shiny new cutting disc :grinning:

will use a bit of copperslip- good thinking, I normally assemble stuff with LM on the whole but copperslip should last a bit longer i would think.

cheers for the replys folks :)

Back