Rear cooling pipe O-ring

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Hello all.

Seeing as nissan australia don't want to sell us the little O-ring on that cooling pipe which goes into the back of the waterpump housing on the block (the main cause of leaking coolant on the back of CG13) I'm going to try and source them from Nissan Japan (Gerard of www.gccorp.com.au is offering his services in sourcing the parts from nissan japan as he has an account with them afaik).

Who would be interested in purchasing one or two depending on the price?

I figure genuine nissan is easier than stuffing around finding an O-ring of the right size and material at an irrigation shop like cisco did. Plus you're pretty much guaranteed for quality and at least another 100,000km/3 yrs out of the part.

Let me know.

CMF_LWC

» CMF Member
I replaced the $2.70AUD O-ring on LWC some years back with a genuine Nissan part. LWC now done 200k+.
Note: the original part was black (neoprene) and the replacement was red (silicone). Silicone O-rings last heaps longer in hotter conditions than neoprene. If you get one from OS I'd recommend a silicone material so you don't have to replace it again!
It's a PITA to get to the bolt under the intake manifold (triple elbow joints and a short ring spanner after I squashed the Redback living in the gearbox housing!)

I think I still have the old O-ring lying around somewhere......

Back