Re-locating MAF Sensor

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
If I put a cone filter on, what's the best option for re-locating the MAF Sensor into the ducting so it's before the throttle body?

can I retrive a MAF Sensor from another Throttle body, and put it into my ducting, and wire it onto the Throttle body's PCB in place of the one in the throttle body?

Craig said:
Are you talking about a K&N?
If so, then you don't move the MAF at all...

as above..why do you need to move it to before the TB rather than after?

With an e-manage it is do-able I believe, but what are you doing and why, is a bit hard to help with half the info :)

I would prefer to do it without having to use an e-manage, since it gets silly expensive as I don't have access to a laptop that will run the e-manage software.

Basically due to the placement requirements of other components I may need to move the MAF sensor to a location further away from the throttle body and just after the Air Filter.

Anybody that can give me detailed information please PM me with an MSN address.

theres guide on the internet somewhere on how to take the standard k11 maf sensor out of the throttle body to where ever you want

try ciscos site

Fordy said:
theres guide on the internet somewhere on how to take the standard k11 maf sensor out of the throttle body to where ever you want

try ciscos site

Its not on there. I'd love to find that webpage you're talking about though. I know it exists...

i know that there is deffinatly one cause i remember reading it, new mission for someone is to find that guide

basically what you do it take all the maf sensor parts out and then make a lil box and out the maf parts into that then extend the wires to where ever you have relocated it

I've read one about removing the MAF from a throttle body but it wasn't a CG series throttle body

Fordy said:
then extend the wires to where ever you have relocated it

Will this extension not cause problems as it works by measuring voltage needed to keep the wire at a constant temperature, you'll get volt drop over a longer distance, will this affect the reading the ECU gets?

its easy on the post-2000, just use a special torx-starbit (with novelty hole in middle) thing... not sure if its the same on pre-2000 tho

nah sorry, a post2000 inlet would definatly fit onto a older cg engine but the maf sensor i dont think is compatible with the older loom

160sr people have this problem too.the MAF is in the airbox itself so to put an induction kit on you have to re-locate the MAF...i looked into it then gave up

Back