rattle under the car

Gemma85

banished to the buses
Just had my kyb shock absorbers fitted today and had the window wound down and every so often iv been hearing a rattle under the car...any1 got a clue what could be wrong.

Gemz

if you take the bottom bit of the shield off it should stop. also mines rattling seems to have got worse ill have to take the bottom of the shield off or wait until it drops off lol.

fraz_micra_88 said:
get a new car:D lolol just cause a dunno what could be up

oh crap sidelight bulb blew id better scrap my car and buy a new one...

anyway if its not the heatsheild there are some bolts u can make sure r tightened properly for the shocks

fairly easy to explain ill chat to you on msn when i see you next!

ok took it to the man that put the dampers on he is a mechanic so knows his stuff he couldnt find anything heard the noise but is puzzeled he has had it up on ramps and all looks fine i think iv established it happens when i go round a corner over a speed bump and this has just started happening when i got them put on...Ian/amanda come and have a listen

tried to record it but its to windy but it sounds like metal scraping off the ground (but theres nothing scraping) or metal chinking together

micraisok said:
mines making that sort of niose, and its the exhaust braket. its snapped

hmmmm have just had the exhaust put on but it was all fine after and he said the exhaust looked fine were is it and what is it how can i check

my old one did that, there's a heatshield between the cat and the gear linkage and it wasn't that, never found it.

But, there's a small heatshield around the bottom of the cat, I'm convinced that there was dirt or small stones that got in, and was moving around there

Ben said:
dont worry man, when your wheels fall off thats when you should worry

thanks ben you really know how to put a girls mind to rest....im just worried he hasnt put the spings bk on or dampers on properly its really ####ing annoying me now! Im even driving my mams corsa its doing my head in that much!

check the bolt that holds the wheel hub thing onto the bottom of the suspension leg - and check it on each four corners.

then do the same but for the bolts that hold the top if each suspension leg onto the car.

if u aint got a clue what im talking about ill try n get pics or something :p

rlees85 said:
check the bolt that holds the wheel hub thing onto the bottom of the suspension leg - and check it on each four corners.

then do the same but for the bolts that hold the top if each suspension leg onto the car.

if u aint got a clue what im talking about ill try n get pics or something :p

you no me rich lol were r they located

yeh mines stating to make the noise, mines coming from the exhaust and it happens when i acc.

richmicratwista said:
think we gave it to u to take home though?
it'l be that sheet of metal and four screws

no there is just the bit you cut off and the back box thingy r u sure u took it off i didnt see it...maybe it is that making the noise

great the stupid thing is leaking something from the driver side back wheel I think im just gonna scrap it :glare: the dampers have just been changed so surely they cant be it hope its not break fuid from the break pipe or something

it'll be the seals in the rear brake cylinder, an easy enough job, I'm sure one of the local lads could help you out, it'll only take an hour.

Gemma85 said:
took it to a garage its an exhaust bracket he is sorting it tomorrow :D
nice one :) glad its sorted

typical rich and raceworx doing shoddy work :p only joking

how much it costin to get fixed?

Back