Rare oppurtunity!

CMF_M5

» CMF Member
I just spotted a very original looking 2 female owner 97 Super S series 2 on carsales.com located in Coburg Victoria. I always see people on the site asking where they can purchase one of these rare beauties, there cant be many left now, especially in such original condition. I think the add said it had 187k on the clock serviced every 5k, this is just run in for a well maintained Micra, just ask Mychael. I owned a series 2 Super S from new, it was beautiiful,my pride and joy.......till a Volvo 850 wagon ran up my bum at 80kph!!.....no more Super S. Somebody grab it!!!

Attachments

• 30741.jpg
    30741.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 30

CMF_Bonkerz

» CMF Member
bloody oath someone buy it already!!!!!!!!! lol. i wish my super s had airbags :(
also on another note, id like to know wats happened to blue monster lately? is it still in sydney cos id like to know that one day i could be in the city and witness the legend drive past :D

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
cjay WROTE:

"Anyone in Melb want to check it out for me and not buy it for themselves ;-)<BR><BR><BR>

Mate at those KM you're looking at engine, suspension and probably gearbox work within in the next 50,000km anyway. All the panel gaps match up, and we all know how crap the micra paint is - so no suprises there if its starting to fade in areas!

Go down and get it.

NO REGRETS. Its fsk all money anyway. You can't get a decent hooker and rent a porsche for a long weekend for that sort of $$!

CMF_cjay

» CMF Member
I already have a Lotus, don't need a Porsche... the hooker would be nice tho ;-)

I'm tempted but I don't have the time to go down and get it at the moment :(

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Yom WROTE:

Mate at those KM you're looking at engine, suspension and probably gearbox work within in the next 50,000km anyway.

Yom mate you must have some sad Micra stories then. ;-) How many k's was it??187,000 + 50,000 . So 237,000k. I'm now up to 308,000 on my green car. Still untouched motor, clutch and gearbox.

Still really gets down to the cars care and use. Poor maintenance and rough use will kill any car off before it's time. So knowing past history is in my opinion more important then just about anything else.

Paint between cars seems to vary a heck of a lot. I've seen some very tired looking blues and Silvers but my Dark Green and Red cars are both fine. From a fading perspective. Of course they have chips, what 12 y/o cars wouldn't.
Guess it depends on garaging,cleaning and stuff like that as well.

Mychael

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Unfortunately not everyone looks after their cars like we do mychael.

It isnt uncommon to see cg13's worn out by 200,000km (ovaled bores and worn camshafts - can be heard by means of a clicky top end) and manual gearboxes with shafted bearings by the same KM (usually the input shaft bearings will fail - this however is trait of gearboxes which do not have a spigot bearing to support the input shaft inside the flywheel - as the main bearings wear it allows more movement and at the long, unsupported end where all the forces are exerted by the clutch.. bingobango "premature" failure).

I don't pull this stuff from my arse or pass it on from mechanics who think they know their stuff (when infact they havent even laid a hand on what they're talking about)!

Suspension will come down to how its been driven but you can bet the standard shocks will be well past their useby date. At 10yrs old the suspension rubbers will be starting to harden and come up for replacement. This is typical old car sutff

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Yom WROTE:

"Unfortunately not everyone looks after their cars like we do mychael.

It isnt uncommon to see cg13's worn out by 200,000km (ovaled bores and worn camshafts - can be heard by means of a clicky top end) and manual gearboxes with shafted bearings by the same KM (usually the input shaft bearings will fail - this however is trait of gearboxes which do not have a spigot bearing to support the input shaft inside the flywheel - as the main bearings wear it allows more movement and at the long, unsupported end where all the forces are exerted by the clutch.. bingobango "premature" failure).

I don't pull this stuff from my arse or pass it on from mechanics who think they know their stuff (when infact they havent even laid a hand on what they're talking about)!

I totally agree with you, I've driven some Micras with low k's that were knackered, however I'm still amazed at the problems some guys seem to have with their cars.
I have now owned 3 Micras, only one from new,of the other 2 one was 4th hand and the other 3rd hand. The 4th hand car was sold on at 160,000 k's and 10yrs, the other 2 I still own are both now 12 y/o cars and used daily.
I've just never had any of the problems others complain about. Gearboxs are fine, no throttle body troubles, no rust anywhere as far as I have seen. Original clutch still in my 308,000k car and was in the 160,000k car I had.Replaced my first cv joint at 290,000k's..
I don't do anything special or clever and still drive the cars like they were new, I just do regular standard service with good quality stuff and don't thrash the cars.You can still have spirited driving without being a Neanderthol on the mechanicals.
I could be lucky with one car but 3? I don't believe they have any real inherent weaknesses.
I'd buy more and store them away if I had the spare money. the only reason I sold on my third car was it was a series 2 which did not meet my needs.

Mychael

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh I don't know how people do it either. I just can't fathom how you can (for example) drive around knowing that you've gone past your service interval.. It simply amazes me. Sometimes I wonder if I could be as blissfully ignorant as others. :p

But I do agree, on the whole there's no real 'weak' spot on the K11. Every car has its flaws. And the few that curse the K11 are just so insignificant and easily fixed its almost not worth considering them. Even the Lucas electrics are proving to be highly reliable. Plus they're so easy to work on mechanically - you can do everything at home with a torque wrench, basic socket and spanner set.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another K11. Sure I could probably get a slightly larger small car for the same price (mabye even less.. most dihatsus for example) but I know the K11 inside out and I think that counts for more than outright purchase cost!

smidge

» CMF Member
so you sold your top of the line micra and now you're gonna go buy a crappy one and then spend tons of money trying to get it to where the old one was, and leave your belching oversized 4x4 at home cause it uses to much fuel....

shouldn't have sold it yom :D

Back