Rant number 1

Stani1029

Club Member
Regarding my 'closed' thread. I set a reserve price as I know how stingy micra owners are when it comes to buying things. There's always someone digging the price you want for it, always someone saying you can get it elsewhere cheaper or make it for cheaper. As for wether it was a mistake or not there's no way. He said he had bid his maximum amount and yet he bids again at £1 over the reserve. It's ######## in my eyes and the comment about it being an eBay matter, nobody else gets cheeky comments or threads closed when talking about these. I'm only trying to help at the end of day but obviously this is sided

most micra members are poor. its a shame but most of them only have a micra because they are poor. i found this when trying to sell things to the club.

i am not denying that maybe he was testing the water to find the reserve price, but how did he manage to bid exactly £1 over the reserve if he didn't know what it was?

i think the problem that it was naming someone directly who is a part of the club, about something that happened on a different site. if you name and shame someone who is a dodgy dealer on ebay thats better because its not going to start an internal club argument, and if you are talking about club matters (something happend at a meet or someone took your money and did a runner) then thats also better as its club related. but over all any one on one problems should really be delt with in PM and talking to the Mods etc. if someone repeatedly takes the #### *cough* Kristian *cough* then name and shame is acceptable.

but either way good luck with the sale, you could try Matt, he doesn't always buy stuff but you never know.

Not sided at all Stani dude, I completely understand your point and concur regarding low prices but that's what a reserve price is for, so you atleast get what you are willing to accept. Personally I keep all my parts and only sell them to the right people, bottom line is I'm not on a shoestring budget and don't need to sell, so if someone doesn't like the price then they can make it themselves or go elsewhere if it's cheaper, (which is rarely the case) ;)

Irritating as it maybe, it's a risk one has to take when using eBay and reserves should be set accordingly to compensate.......

See I don't need the money but at the same time I don't need the windows and I'm not stupid enough to let them sell for such a low price. If they don't sell this time I'm keeping them for my next 3 door micra. It just annoys me that someone seems so interested in the item your selling but only at their price. And nex your comment about micra members and being poor, when you've got x amount of rally prepped micras and you shout out that you've spent 1000's on micras 150 reserve is #### all. That's what really ####ed me off. Also about how he managed to bid £1 over, im guessing you only have to raise your highest bid until it hits the reserve then cancel the bid. Something I would never think of doing to a unknown seller nevermind someone who's part of a club I'm on

i feel for you mate, ive never had it done to me, but my mate used to do it all the time, not exactly sure why but he did. pointless in my opinion. at a guess he put his final bid in at the last second?

Nah the auctions still going. Under 2 days left I think, now if he did decide to buy them last minute I don't want to sell them to him as I don't think it is fair after what's happened so that'll be a hit to my 100% feedback. So I'm considering removing them from eBay...

Stani was it you who closed that thread or one of the admins? Because if it was them I find it very rude. Secondly, you can cancel his bid as a seller. Im selling and buying quite a lot and this would upset me aswell.

I bought my bike through ebay, and tested prices by bidding on other bikes then withdrawing. I don't want to waste my time bidding on a bike that is over my budget, when I have others I can bid on.

What's wrong with comparing prices?

Like lowrider said I have parts I wouldn't sell to just anyone I'd rather they went to someone who appreciates the rarity of the parts and offer me good money for them

Stani was it you who closed that thread or one of the admins? Because if it was them I find it very rude. Secondly, you can cancel his bid as a seller. Im selling and buying quite a lot and this would upset me aswell.

James closed the previous thread, as this really is an ebay matter or between the two parties involved.

Stani I can understand where you are coming from, however as this activity occured off the MSC forums and on ebay's website this is clearly a matter for e-bay, but again I can understand your frustration and reasoning for posting here.

For now I will leave this thread open and I think it would be advisable that the forum user involved posted a reply in this thread.

Kev

Alienfish the point is purely that he stated on here he had bid his maximum then he goes and bids more just to see what the price is to cancel it again. To me these windows are pretty rare on here and people are actually complaining about getting them for less than half price.

LMFAO

Stani I know aexactly where you coming from but I thinkits the genral thing that happens on forums, people looking for bargains and chancing their arm. People like that just get them to pm you and then fob them off. Crude but its the only way

And nex your comment about micra members and being poor, when you've got x amount of rally prepped micras and you shout out that you've spent 1000's on micras 150 reserve is #### all. That's what really ####ed me off. Also about how he managed to bid £1 over, im guessing you only have to raise your highest bid until it hits the reserve then cancel the bid. Something I would never think of doing to a unknown seller nevermind someone who's part of a club I'm on

you only wanted £150 for them? well then yea i see your point, that is nothing really, defo try Matt H i think he would be up for it

Back