Quote Request: K11 engine exchange, North Wales or fairly nearby

Just fitted a new cam chain set to a 130,000 mile old engine, and a few hundred miles later the cam chain is rattling again. I suspect lubrication failure due to lack of previous oil changes, blocked oil pressure relief valve, or similar. I can't face dragging myself through yet another hopeful engine repair.

I need a reliable low mileage engine competently fitting in this one's place. Please can anyone suggest any garages or individuals who would make a really good job of this, for not a rip-off price?

Many thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt

Frank would do this as his nearer but please pm first as I'm only assuming

If not I'd be happy to do it for you but I'm in south London but would only charge £100

Pm if interested but you will need to find the engine etc

Thanks Martin, I guessed Frank would be worth contacting about this. Didn't want to take his talents for granted!

I would drive down to London to meet you, only it's not wise to go very far with the engine making these noises. Great price.

Questions:
Can you recommend any reputable sources for recon K11 engines?
Can a 1.3 be dropped in place without a fight?

Dreaming of economy motoring that doesn't need constant attention.....
Matt

Just fitted a new cam chain set to a 130,000 mile old engine, and a few hundred miles later the cam chain is rattling again. I suspect lubrication failure due to lack of previous oil changes, blocked oil pressure relief valve, or similar. I can't face dragging myself through yet another hopeful engine repair.

I need a reliable low mileage engine competently fitting in this one's place. Please can anyone suggest any garages or individuals who would make a really good job of this, for not a rip-off price?

Many thanks,

Matt

If I didn't already report back on this, the rattle seemed to be coming from un-lubricated valve gear. The noises went away after driving it around for about a week. I suspect I was using too thick engine oil, not really sure. The noise came back again for a while after another oil change. Anyone familiar with this story?

If you are anywhere near to Anglesey/ Gwynedd there is someone here who services and repairs/ works on the super sprint (I think thats the type of race they're in) Micras. He knows the engines inside and out. However someone like Frank would be better.

Lee Barnes :) I'll give you more info if needed.

Back