quick super s / sr question

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
What is the standard bhp of a 1.3 sr or super s. And with a manifold and back box, decatted and road cams what would it bring it up to. Also what cars would it beat done. Reason being i want to get a track car, but i want something that will beat a few motors and be different.

All CG13s are 75 BHP as standard. I think

Manifold, de-cat, be better off with a cat back system, set of cams and a remap will probably see you around the 100-110 BHP mark. AT a guess anyways

as above cg13's are about 75 bhp (manufactours always give bhp at the flywheel).....i decat would probs give you 1bhp (proven on the primera owners club but thats a bigger engine) i would say, 4 branch manifold into a 2" de-cat then into a 2" centre section then a backbox...idealy you would need the keep the secondary cat, or fit a silancer, its entierly upto you. just to give you abit of back persurre. but then agian the back box might work for back persurre.

then a tunned length airfilter (near battery is a tunned length, the pipe as to be a certian lentgh to give you the best performance) you would/should see near 100bhpn at the flywheel and around 80bhp at the wheels. witch isnt bad! the best performnace for your money is a 4branch manifold.

after i have all that setup and working/running with no peoblems, i would move on to uprated cams, then get a ga16 throttle body and injectors/fuel rail....also probs by an apexi just for the fact its there if needs be, then have it mapped, then you should be looking at around 95-100 at the wheels, and near engough 120bhp at the flywheel.

also i would look into stripping out of the interior, harness, light weight seat, plastic windows, lightweight wheels, plastic windows etc....uprated brakes (ga16 brakes would do fine if on a budget) obv uprated springs and shocks, antiroll bars and decent tyres, tyres are everything! so is handling, berofre modifying the engine i would start with handling.

then should have a good setup for track/fast road use on your hands.

my k11 made 99bhp at the flywheel with just a heat wrapped janspeed manifold, standard second cat, 2" mandrel bend s/s cat back and an induction kit with filter behind battery.
i'd say with cams possibly a ga16 throttle body and injectors, then a remap (this will be needed), you'll be looking at 115-125bhp imo.
with that kind of power you'll be looking at a 0-60 time of around 8.5 seconds, maybe even lower. it'd be very fun on a track, and you'll leave a lot of people red faced.

Back