Quick Fog Light Wiring Question

Hey peeps!

I've just bought some fog lights off of The eBay and they come with the stalk and everything to wire them in properly but for now I just wanna ghetto bodge them in. Could I just wire them up so they work on a switch that I could mount in the dashboard somewhere? Or would it take a bit more than just finding a live and splicing in then switching it?

I'm an absolute novice when it comes to wiring and stuff.. So go easy on me! :p

Cheers

That's what I'm going to do when I get around to it, don't tell anyone you're going to tape your splice either - you'll get told off.;)

Haha tape? A splice? I've never heard of such a thing! And would certainly never do anything of the sort myself! Noo noo.. Not me! ;)

Hey peeps!

I've just bought some fog lights off of The eBay and they come with the stalk and everything to wire them in properly but for now I just wanna ghetto bodge them in. Could I just wire them up so they work on a switch that I could mount in the dashboard somewhere? Or would it take a bit more than just finding a live and splicing in then switching it?

I'm an absolute novice when it comes to wiring and stuff.. So go easy on me! :p

Cheers

You'll just need to rig up a simple loom with a relay...because I already had left and right foglight cables in my K11 (2nd facelift), I used the existing earth from that circuit and connected the live up to my homemade loom (meaning I didn't have to wire down to the lights or fit new connectors)...

From the relay, you have one wire going to the battery's positive terminal, one earthed to a convenient point on the bodywork, one connected to the live feed to your foglights and one running up to your dashboard switch. The other two terminals on your switch will be connected to the positive terminal on your battery and another earthing point.

You'll just need to rig up a simple loom with a relay...because I already had left and right foglight cables in my K11 (2nd facelift), I used the existing earth from that circuit and connected the live up to my homemade loom (meaning I didn't have to wire down to the lights or fit new connectors)...

From the relay, you have one wire going to the battery's positive terminal, one earthed to a convenient point on the bodywork, one connected to the live feed to your foglights and one running up to your dashboard switch. The other two terminals on your switch will be connected to the positive terminal on your battery and another earthing point.
Sounds hellishly complicated for a novice like me! :D but I'll see what I can do!

And yes those were the ones I was bidding on! Seems I've upset a few people! :S my bad!

Not at all! I was bidding but wasn't too concerned about winning. You got yourself a good deal there. The guy selling was going to scrap the car, but I convinced him to list bits separately.

Back