ps2

richmicratwista

Direct Detailing UK
i have bought the screen and im looking into a ps2 to link up to it. iv had a look at home and can just get the picture onto the screen so i no it works but both of the plugs are like rca's and they are both male so is there a female / female adaptor that i can buy so i can plug the male lead from the screen into one side and the male lead on the ps2 into the female. if this sounds like garbage i will post pics up. lol:upside::p

Go to curry's or Dicksons. Get a aux to aux connector, you'll ned three. costs abot £10 for the three.

iv sorted oneproblem but a couple more things. if i get some adaptors to change my 2 preouts into 4 preouts do i still need an fm modulator to make the noise come through my speakers in the car.

also how do i power the ps2 when its got a plug on. is a power inverter the only way???

4 preouts? what you meaning?
Only thing that you need is one going to the screen for picture (Yellow)
Red and white are for the sound, so if you want it through the head unit - you'll need an FM mod.
For power - you'll need a Invertor.
will post up pics tomorrow.

right iv bought an inverter and connected it all up and it works the ps2, which is running through my screen. two problems!!!

the inverter makes a buzzing noise when its on. is this cos its changing 12v into 240v?:upside:

then obviously my sound is only coming through the screen which is pants.

i know i need an fm modulator but what do u connect this to?

cheers:down::glance:

richmicratwista said:
the inverter makes a buzzing noise when its on. is this cos its changing 12v into 240v?:upside:

Yes - thats why. It will also buzz through the speaker slightly, but you can get a surpressor to stop this.

If you get a FM mod it goes itno the Areial socket of the radio, and then the white and red plugs from the Ps2 plug into it.

Titch :)

can't you change the power board on the PS2 to run 12v?

i saw a guide somwhere....

NeX said:
can't you change the power board on the PS2 to run 12v?

i saw a guide somwhere....

yes you can - but no point really if you still want to use the Playstation at home.
Better off jst getting a invertor.

ahh well i want to build mine into the micra, maybe even take the case off to save space.

but each to his own ;)

Back