Problem with Lambda diagnostics

CMF_uninformedLuddite

» CMF Member
I have the grey consult style plug and when I short out the two bottom left connections nothing happens. Is the 'engine warning' light known as something else in Australia.
All of the lights that come on when I turn ignition to ON are red there are no orange lights in view anywhere.
The exhaust does smell very rich though (i am the guy who posted the 'fuel consumption trebled overnight' thread.
Any suggestions?

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Hey,

As far as I am aware there is no check engine or engine warning light in the Aus Micras.

The light that blinks is on the ECU which is under the trim near the pedals on the drivers side. Sort of between the fan controls and the firewall. Its a grey metal box. There should be a little hole in it with a red LED behind it. This is the one that blinks.

Thanks
qwerty132

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
qwerty132 WROTE:

"Hey,<BR>
<BR>
As far as I am aware there is no check engine or engine warning light in the Aus Micras..<BR>
<BR>
Thanks<BR>
qwerty132

yeh, facelifts only iirc, you may find it easier to test the voltage through the lambda middle wire tho, it should fluctuate around .45v on cruise, when warm

frank

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
aye, the 2 white wires are for the heating element, the other 3rd wire is the sensor signal.

what years ur car. cos my older 93 slx has an earlier much smaller ecu, no engine light and doesn't do the flashing light diagnostic mode.

my 98 slx has a larger ecu with an engine light and it flashes both the engine light and the ecu LED during diagnostic mode.

CMF_uninformedLuddite

» CMF Member
It's a 96. In the middle of the compliance plate serial number is a K11 and it is the 1275cc motor.
So in theory I could just run a long wire from the connector plugs centre wire (while it is still plugged into the lambda) into the car's cockpit, plug in my multimeter and keep an eye on it during the 70km journey into the city tomorrow?
If so, is there anything special I should be looking out for?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
uninformedLuddite WROTE:

"It's a 96. In the middle of the compliance plate serial number is a K11 and it is the 1275cc motor.<BR>
So in theory I could just run a long wire from the connector plugs centre wire (while it is still plugged into the lambda) into the car's cockpit, plug in my multimeter and keep an eye on it during the 70km journey into the city tomorrow?<BR>
If so, is there anything special I should be looking out for?

yes mine,s on the dash, wired as you describe
it should go off the scale rich (.9v+) when you boot it, and near zero when you lift (tho i found a few anomalies at certain revs/gears/throttle positions, then it should hover around .45v at cruise/full closed loop

frank

Back