Problem with hazard lights, boot & rear wiper!

Hi,

Hoping someone can share their wisdom!

Two days ago my hazard lights/ignition stopped working during a motorway journey. They make the click sound once but stop & the lights don't flash.

Simultaneously, the interior light stopped working and my boot won't open! Can't understand how or why they're all connected. Now today, the rear windscreen wiper has stopped working! Front wipers are fine.

Any ideas what the problem could be? I've checked all fuses, inside & out, they're fine!

Thanks

Thanks - where is the BCM located?

I've done a little bit of research - looks like replacing the BCM would require recoding? Is there any simple way I could fix this myself? Or is it not a case of replacing individual fuses?

There is a fuse board under the nsf headlight. The white/yellow colour box. This is called the Intelligent Power Distribution Module. (Ipdm) for short. There is a load of fuses in there.

There is also a posibility its just a few broken wires in the boot harness. Osr in the boot.

If you disconnect the battery then replace bcm them reconnect the battery it usually doesnt need the keys coding. The bcm is located under the dash board. Remove the two a pillar trims and the dash board will lift up and out. The bcm the the black box on the ns. It has three large connectors going to it.

Back