problem fitting side repeaters

got a 2001 model, managed to get the original indicators off, but the part where the indicator connects to the wire is 2 pin, and the smoked out ones are 3 pin. and the wire seems to be stuck to the 2 pin part. any ideas? :down:

micra_k11 said:
anyone able to help? do after market repreaters have three pins or two?

should have two mate..the LED ones have two wires also

can you get a pic up?

yeah got it with them, sorry didnt make it clear.all pics are of the smoked out ones. the standard ones is only 2 pin. on the 3rd pic of bulb, the grey part is where the wires are meant to plug into, but they seem firmly fitted to the standard ones. do i jus pull htem out hard?

the only ones i have ever fitted are LED ones i dont really know tbh.

can you get a pic of the two connections you need to put together?

sorry cant get any pics from the car, my brother has gone out in it. i've seen a number of cars on here with oval shape indicators...has anyone else had this problem?

the standard indicators have a two wire out the back of the lense then go to a two pin connector in the inner wing..this was on my 1994 super s..dunno if it changed with facelift

micra_k11 said:
i didnt receive any other wiring...could this be what i need?
you won't need any other wiring. you should've got the new bulb and bulb holder with your new repeaters. take the old ones off and the wiring should clip off the old bulb holder- there is a little tab on the connector that you have to press in and pull the connector off. plug that on your new bulb holder, fasten it into the repeater and clip it into the wing.
i hope this is what you're asking.

micra_k11 said:
got a 2001 model, managed to get the original indicators off, but the part where the indicator connects to the wire is 2 pin, and the smoked out ones are 3 pin. and the wire seems to be stuck to the 2 pin part. any ideas? :down:

had exactly the same problem. you have to go scrappy and get the bolb holders from a 1998-2000 facelift micra that has the 3-stud holders.

then you need to cut the old holders off the wires and join the new holders to the wires.

it sounds like fun and games but it really isnt :)

good luck

i bet mightymicra is for pre-facelift. the wiring is different on facelift.

just checked and the guide on mightymicra doesnt apply at all to facelifts.. sorry!

the reason why it doesnt is becuase facelifts dont have the plug under the wing, the bulb holder is wired staight into the circuit with no plugs in between.

the only way of sorting it cheaply is what i said in my post unless anyone else has any ideas!

rlees85 said:

just checked and the guide on mightymicra doesnt apply at all to facelifts.. sorry!

the reason why it doesnt is becuase facelifts dont have the plug under the wing, the bulb holder is wired staight into the circuit with no plugs in between.

the only way of sorting it cheaply is what i said in my post unless anyone else has any ideas!

thats why i was confused lol

lol sorry if my post sounded abit like "im right your wrong pee off" i didnt mean it like that... maybe u could add that info to MM unless its just aimed at prefacelift.

rlees85 said:

Sorry, weren't aware was so different, when wilsonian changes to facelift we'll get some details but won't be for a while

Good luck

Back