primera gt seats

M

mini_skyline

i got the seats in at last all they needed is brackets and they went in a treat they are well comfortable and worth £100 for both front ill put some picks up when i can

could I see some pics please? and also could you type up a guide on how you fitted them if you wouldn't mind?

The reason i ask is cos my local scrappy has 2 primera GT's in and I was looking at the seats the other day when I was there and fancied gettin them.

the thing is I took the headrests from them the other day which they gave me for free cos I bought sideskirts too. So now cos the seats have no headrests in I'll get them for next to nothing hehe. The only problem is that I would also want the rear to match so I think I may get the rear seat from the primera GT and retrim my own rear seat with the material from the primera one if thats at all possible.

Haylz

For fitting the front ones Haylz would involve taking the old mounts of the Primera seats. I doubt the mounting points on the Primera seats will match up with the interior of a Micra, so you would require either 1) to take the mounts of you Micra seats and weld them to the runners on the Primera seats or 2)Get a set of custom muonts made up and fitted to it.

If you go for the latter, speak to Chrissy as he is selling a set of Micra mounts that will fit in the Micra and onto any seat for £100.

aye mate scottish sr is bang on the bucket seats ive got came from a primera gt and they didnt fit had to get those mounts made up to get the seats in properly

Noooo i just did this, got the leather ones.... well nice
just take the seats apart, remove the bolts holding the cushions to the frames and swap the primera ones onto the micra ones, the back cushions are a straight swap but the cushions on which your bum goes require a wee bit of welding, cost me £20 to get done and took an afternoon!
Where theres a will theres a way

will get some pics soon basically i got my dad to make me some brackets and basically bolted the seats to the brackets and the brackets to the car they are a bit dodgey but still all safe and everything well worth the effort though!!

Yeh but as has been stated in a previous thread somewhere, Without trying to offend anyone, The MSC on the whole are tight. :p anyways, i know what i'd rather pay, £20 for some welding and put some effort in myself. Or £100!
Simple economics if you ask me!

how "buckety" are they? much of a difference?

there GT seats in my local scarppy and i might have to rob them lol,

really? what if i changed the top parts and kept the standard bottom bits, are the bottom bits much different?

Honstly mate its worth changing both bits, and if you know someone that can weld it really isnt that much work! i'll explain on saturday and you can look at mine

from what I remember of the ones I saw in the scrappy, they are quite buckety - just really nice seats basically lol.

Im undecided whether I'll get them or not, the only thing that bothers me is my back seat cos obv I'd want them all to match.

On the plus side the GT seats are black and I want my interior black and red and like I said in a previous post I'll get the seats dead cheap cos I already nicked the headrests outta them and nobody else is gonna want seats without the headrests. :laugh:

Stuart said:
Honstly mate its worth changing both bits, and if you know someone that can weld it really isnt that much work! i'll explain on saturday and you can look at mine

i might have to go to a scrappy and get a set :)

looking forward to seeing yours mate, BTW did you get that wing on?

Haylz, get the whole lot retrimmed or get seat covers... or just take out the rear seats :)

:D no probs mate, was it the right colour?

are your GT seats light grey? i was looking at some sunny seats too, but then i think they are probably the same...

well i'm getting off work early to go to the scrappy today, :)

will have to pick out a set :)

Back