• Thread starter Fastestmicrain the west
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fastestmicrain the west

hello..

as well as being new to this site, i am also after a little advice,

i upgraded the engine in my micra about 6 months ago for a primera gt engine which (after a fair bit of adjustment, strengthening and adaptation) fits snuggly.

although i am having a problem with the drive shafts. i had managed to re map it for a 7.3 second 0 - 60 time but keep popping the shafts.. is there anything i could use as an alternative??

the standard ones are too weak, and the primera ones from my donar car were too long. o_O

anyone got any ideas?

also anyone after any heklp with a conversion i have a full list of the things i have doneto help maek it a little faster..

i think that by polishing it to reduce the air resistance and by flattening the rear seats to reduce the weight, i should be able to trip another .5 seconds off of that time, but need to sort out the shaft problems first.

Cheers

E ;)

hi mate, welcome to the club :)

first of all any pics?!!!

i would get them custom made, its the only way really. any bodge job ones will break or twist.

i think its about £100 ~ £250 per shaft but worth it, i'm asuming you spent a lot on the convertion so why skimp on the shafts?

if it was me i'd strip the car completly, get carbon fiber pannels and carbon bucket seats then a roll cage :) make it a stelth car ;)

nice one dude, yeah custom would be the best really, but you may be a bit premature with that user name, we do have a 300+bhp micra on here, but its not in the west so ill let ya off ;)

dont want to sound like a d**K but untill i se pics or some proof im abit dubious about this for the following reasons :-​

1. i had managed to re map it for a 7.3 second 0 - 60 time re-mapped what? and 7.3!! that only half a second slower then the fastest 1.3 N/A the turbo ones go alot faster...​

2. the standard ones are too weak.. the standard micra ones wont even fit or fit into the Gbox ends of a primer GT Shafts the splines are completly wrong!! so how are you using the standard micra shafts?​

and this is just taking the #### :-
i think that by polishing it to reduce the air resistance and by flattening the rear seats to reduce the weight, i should be able to trip another .5 seconds off of that time, but need to sort out the shaft problems first.​

so for now im thinking your just someone on here taking the ####... prove me wrong!​

Was away to say 7.3 ain't that fast! You using the GA16 or the SR20? Pics would be great../

Well I'm more than skeptical now, considering that line of putting the rear seats down was the thing that person on the VXR forums posted!

I've done a search on the IP though and it doesn't match anyone else's on here so I think we may have a joker among us!

well i just dropped this into my k11:

horse-sale.jpg

its brilliant, i just had the ECU re-mapped and its putting out 345bhp on the dyno!

giving the guy 24 hours doesnt seem like a chance to me. He may not check the forums all the time, or could have forgotten about it. Maybe not have net access every day. I think you should give him a couple of days before ripping it out of him. Doesn't really give a good impression to new members.

i think that by polishing it to reduce the air resistance and by flattening the rear seats to reduce the weight, i should be able to trip another .5 seconds off of that time, but need to sort out the shaft problems first.
thats like saying if i read a book to my car evey night before it goes bed i should see an extra 20bhp.

how are flattening the seats down going to reduce weight if they are still there?

polishing the car would make as much differece as a cat farting into a hurricane

and the horse thing i put up was jus for a laugh ;) but you have to admit it tho, its a mint horse!

Nah, it was posted by some bell end on the VVOX fourms, he got ripped world wide for it as hes a silly ####. Was a good read though like :)

rlees85 said:
well i just dropped this into my k11:

horse-sale.jpg

its brilliant, i just had the ECU re-mapped and its putting out 345bhp on the dyno!

ah yes i remember the little conversation at rotorstock, how about putting a horse on a rolling road to see exactly how much horsepower a horse has lol :p

I think this thread should be left to die to be honest. It's either a very cool conversion (in which case we await proof), or just a lot of trolling.

rlees85 said:
polishing the car would make as much differece as a cat farting into a hurricane

LOL you never know, it might give it that extra parp ;)

Ian said:
the same way that titch kept popping them.
http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=714

Read that and tell me this guy isn't joking.

Police_Driver said:
I agree with your point, but the car is a little quicker than the standard SXi and so I felt the SRi badges were appropriate. It only carries 1 person, Me. It has no extra weight in the car, all glove compartments, cubby holes and the boot is empty. The rear exhaust may or may not add power. It has only ever run on Optimax, I know you get more boost out if this fuel on bigger engined cars but every little helps. The tyres are always inflated to 38 PSI to give extra grip and less tyre slouch. Often I put the rear seats flat, this reduces weight. (Like why you crawl flat across a frozen pond so as not to break the ice). I regularly drive with around £10 of fuel, again weight saving, and often I use engine cleaner in the fuel load to remove debris from the fuel injectors. The car is always clean improving aerodynamic progress. I have timed the 0 - 60 at 9.3 seconds, and this shaves a couple of seconds off the standard time. Hope this answers your question.

james, i dont see how that has anything to do with drive shafts popping? Ive read that before and yes the guy is a moron.

richmicratwista said:
titch didnt have a primera gt engine in

But he had a Primera gearbox in.

Anyway, it is irrelevant as the guy is just tekking t' mick.

I've took my fuel tank and brakes off to reduce weight, if that doesnt work then I'm stripping the paint off it, I reckon that should give me at least 0.2 seconds off the 1/4 mile.

nothing wrong with the idea of stripping paint off. that actually works.

nizzanz1 said:
nothing wrong with the idea of stripping paint off. that actually works.

Thats why Mercedes racing car colour is silver. They stripped the paint to bare metal to save weight on the old racing cars.

And also why Jaguar didn't use British Racing Green in their F1 cars.

lol I think this thread has gone a bit off tangent.

I did some background snooping and judging by the car he owns he's in no position to own an SR20 or Micra lol!

Clunk! Down comes the padlock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back