pre facelift juddering

Hey guys! have done a search already, but going to ask anyway, and see if anyone else can think of anything besides T/B

missus has started complaining her Hollywood is struggling/juddering/kangarooing up hills, but only seems to do it after she's been driving for a half hour or so, full tank of petrol (and its defo petrol), i've had it for the afternoon, and it idles fine, had it running, and got it warmed up, took it for a quick blast up and down the road and nothing wrong with it (admittedly its pretty flat around here)

i need to check the receipts for it, as pretty sure the trader we got it from had the T/B replaced before we got it, and we've not had it a year yet...

any help/advice mucho appreciated

My old Matiz used to get realy juddery and down on power ( only a 3 cylinder anyway :p ) , discovered one of the HT leads had gone brittle, simply unplugged them one at a time and seen what one didnt try stall the engine, thats the bad lead :)

Only thing i can think :)

Surely that'd happen all the time though? She says it usually starts playing when she's over halfway home (so after about 10 miles)

cheers skymera, will have a look into that, its the sensor tucked below the dizzy behind the thermostat right? couldnt see anything in the rad like some of the new cars have

is there puffs of black or dark smoke from the exhaust when this happens
, when driving up a hill the car will face the highest demand on torque power , when you get juddering problems obviously there is a timing issue or fueling issue, i would firsrt check the base ignition timing. Sorry i dotn have extensive knowledge of the micra itself but the basics of a 4 stroke will remain no matter what car it is. i would suspect an ignition fault somewhere or the base timing.

Maybe someone more experianced with the micra can give a more details on how to do this. but normally there is a mode in the ecu to set the ignition in a setting mode.

Back