pre face lift conversion?

Hi guys as you kinda guessed is this possible

I prefer the pre facelift but cant aford to let this micra go

If you can anyone know what i have to do to do it?

cant afford to let go of what specifically? the chassis? the engine? the features? interior? or can't afford the cost of trading it for a pre-face?

depends on how serious and thorough ya wanna go?
from what i gather, the facelift has different bonnets, headlights, back lights, boot, bumpers, aerials, dash, loom, ventilation, gear selector linkages, rear engine mount, ign system, engine head & cover, maybe fly & transmission? electronic speedo & instruments, interior

if you wanna go the whole hog and spend all that time, effort & money either:
A - buying bits of pre-face seperately to swap into the facelift chassis?
B - buying a whole pre-face micra to swap everything over?

unless the facelift chassis is immaculate and the optional features (PAS, elec windows, level headlights) from the pre-face best suits ur needs, imho I'd just buy a good condition pre-face (maybe of similar colour or spec if thats what ur after) to save the hassle and cost.

dunno if insurance or dvla thinks a post 98 k11 fitted entirely with pre-98 bits counts as modified?

Well i just cant be assed with all the hastle of trading mine its a k11 1 litre 2000 shape nothing secial haha and just want the bumper lights and bonnet and grill really

the only difference between the sport + bumpers and the s bumpers as far as i know is the sporthave front fogs instead of blanks, as i have a 2000 s and my mate has a 2000 sport +

as far as i could tell the rear were the same but the front had fogs in, and the grey bum strips on the corners are colour coded but i painted mine

Dunno pre owner lol i obly bougjt it for 150 quid with the bumper like that and a couple dents and a oil leak from some where got to try find the reason lol

Aren't the face-lifts slightly longer than the pre-face-lifts? Remeber reading the front end is slightly longer? Whether we're talking millimeters or inches I don't remember... but wouldn't that cause problems getting panels to line up?

Aren't the face-lifts slightly longer than the pre-face-lifts? Remeber reading the front end is slightly longer? Whether we're talking millimeters or inches I don't remember... but wouldn't that cause problems getting panels to line up?
tthis definatley would cause problems

Is it true though? I deffo remember reading it somewhere?

The bar with the bonnet catch on it is a different length (in my own experience with doing a face -> pre conversion) ..if that's what you mean?
So one's needed from the prefacelift if you want a prefacelift front end, and viceversa for a facelift front :)

The bar with the bonnet catch on it is a different length (in my own experience with doing a face -> pre conversion) ..if that's what you mean?
So one's needed from the prefacelift if you want a prefacelift front end, and viceversa for a facelift front :)

So you've done the conversion? Was it blogged?

Yeah I've done it on my car, and nope wasn't really blogged I did it almost instantly when I acquired the car :(

"
1.jpg

..Covered in masking tape to mark every stupid annoying little dent and half stripped front end to do a facelift to prefacelift conversion.. "
-Straight from my blog.. The bar in-front of the radiator/behind power steering pipe is the one I'm talking about in-case anyone doesn't know lol :D

Other than that, swapping the full front end I've not noticed if the cars any longer.. but it all bolts on fine like :)

I prefer the prefacelift front end felt there's more I could do with it to make it look different and unique lol, didn't see many ways of changing the facelift front end in a way I would like haha

1_zpsb1045cfc.jpg

That's the bar that needed swapping out. Solved the problem by replacing it with the bar from the prefacelift donor car :), as simple as that lol

Back