Potential Purchase

Hello everyone. I came across an 89 Pao and my wife and I are strongly considering it. She has wanted an older vintage vehicle for a while now and when we saw the Pao, she really liked it. It should be more reliable than a 50's or 60's vehicle and she enjoyed driving it. It would mainly be used to just drive around town occasionally.

I have a few questions as we are strongly considering the purchase, but I wanted to ask some questions to the group about the car.

The vehicle in question is an '89, auto, 98,000 km, hard top. Upon first inspection and drive, I found a few issues that I wanted to ask about.
1. There are a few hoses in the engine bay that need to be replaced. The intake from the car hat to the area above the radiator is broken and needs replaced as well.
2. The battery drains because the brake switch is broken and the car thinks the brake is always on, hence the lights stay on. This should be an easy fix with the button on the pedal.
3. The hazard lights do not work. Switch has no response, which could be the fuse or could be something more.
4. Radio does not work. I don't know if this is specific to the cars.
5. Lots of rattles which I believe are coming from a loose hatch; however it shakes the whole car. When I press down on it, it goes away so rubber insulation may cure that.
6. AC works, so that is a plus.
7. I see a spot of rust that I should have checked out more thoroughly, but wasn't able to. I'll inspect the car again and also check the underside. I see that there are parts that have been painted over.

I'd love to hear the opinions of the board. I know it isn't the more collectible canvas top and manual, but that's ok. My initial thought on value was around $5.5 - 6K USD. I'd like some feedback on that also.

Attachments

• Pao.jpg
    Pao.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 202
Back