CMF_NeX

» CMF Member
hi, long time since i posted here,

does anyone here still have the postert side skirts? i know
micratech had some? anyone else?

thanks guys

mik

» CMF Member
i have em :) bought one of the last two pairs they had, but that was in 2007 i think. they're not on the market anymore, that's a shame as they were the most beatiful sideskirts made for the K11

cheers

CMF_NeX

» CMF Member
mik WROTE:

"i have em :) bought one of the last two pairs they had, but that was in 2007 i think. they're not on the market anymore, that's a shame as they were the most beatiful sideskirts made for the K11

cheers

is that the old ones like this:

http://www.photosight.org/up/2005/07/02/19348.jpg

is there any way i could borrow them? or buy them? i want to take a mould so they are not lost, i was very anoyed when they stopped selling them because i have wanted them for so long. like you said they are the most beautiful sideskirts.

CMF_NeX

» CMF Member
Marshal WROTE:

"if your doing a mould count me in!

ha well i would be happy to make copies but i can't get hold of the originals, i tried to buy some but the company said they had discontinued them, then they told me they could have some new ones made but at extra cost, so i said ok but when they got here they were the wrong ones

mik

» CMF Member
yeah it really sucks, but mine will be glued to the car soon, as they are painted and ready. bozito (micratech) had them on the car too, he had a crash with it i think, maybe he has still the parts and it could be used to create a mould.

other thing:
in the inside of the skirts is a sticker of the factory glued in, i'll try to contact them, maybe they still have the mould.

cheers

CMF_NeX

» CMF Member
mik WROTE:

"yeah it really sucks, but mine will be glued to the car soon, as they are painted and ready. bozito (micratech) had them on the car too, he had a crash with it i think, maybe he has still the parts and it could be used to create a mould.

other thing:

in the inside of the skirts is a sticker of the factory glued in, i'll try to contact them, maybe they still have the mould.

cheers

so your skirts are already painted? are you desperate to get them on or is there still a chance a mould could be taken?

do you have any details for Micratech so i can contact him? i think even if the skirts are broken as long as all the bits are there it should be fixable.

if you manage to contact them that would be a great help, i had a go at contacting them via some other company and they said the moulds had been distroyed and then they said they had been repaired and then sent me the wrong ones so i have no idea what state the moulds are in.

thanks very much for your help mate, it would be awesome to get some moulds so they are not gone for ever, in fact it would be great to get moulds of the whole Postert kit so if anyone has a crash they can still get replacement parts.

mik

» CMF Member
yeah they're already painted, and will be fitted soon sorry mate :(
i had them lying in my basement for about two years now, without touching them, i have the frontbumper too, but again its painted now and i need to get them onto the car.

I'll see what i can do. And as you said, i wanted to buy a new bumper as my old was in five pieces, but its not on the market anymore, so i fibreglassed the old one, which was really a mess.

cheers mate

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
Joining in the conversation here..

I still have the first version Postert sideskirts and fully understand the fustration of all wanting to get hold of a set, and even making a mould, as they are realy hard to come by thesedays and the original molds probably are desroyed.

My sideskirts are glued to my Green Super S im afraid. But they will be taken of the car some time in the future, and I ashure you, a mould of them will be made so they are not lost forever! Not mainly to reproduce them, but to be able to make new ones if the ones on the car should ever be damaged.

I hope to speed things a bit up in the Micratech garage thesedays so hopefully it wont take forever before I get to making moulds of some of the Micra bodyparts I have got hold of over the years.

Cheers
Micratech

smidge

» CMF Member
just get some U13 nissan blue bird side skirts

they can fit with minimal mods and look almost the same as those

i have some i was gonna put on my K11, Marshal you should come buy them and cut and shut them to fit mate, we've all seen you've got the skills!

CMF_NeX

» CMF Member
mik WROTE:

"yeah they're already painted, and will be fitted soon sorry mate :(

i had them lying in my basement for about two years now, without touching them, i have the frontbumper too, but again its painted now and i need to get them onto the car.

I'll see what i can do. And as you said, i wanted to buy a new bumper as my old was in five pieces, but its not on the market anymore, so i fibreglassed the old one, which was really a mess.

cheers mate

isn't that always the way, but never mind your car is going to look awesome, just try not to crash it or you will have the same problems i am having lol

micratech WROTE:

"Joining in the conversation here..

I still have the first version Postert sideskirts and fully understand the fustration of all wanting to get hold of a set, and even making a mould, as they are realy hard to come by thesedays and the original molds probably are desroyed.

My sideskirts are glued to my Green Super S im afraid. But they will be taken of the car some time in the future, and I ashure you, a mould of them will be made so they are not lost forever! Not mainly to reproduce them, but to be able to make new ones if the ones on the car should ever be damaged.

I hope to speed things a bit up in the Micratech garage thesedays so hopefully it wont take forever before I get to making moulds of some of the Micra bodyparts I have got hold of over the years.

Cheers

Micratech

thats good to hear Micratech, if you make some copies of the full kit then i will 100% take a copy, so as soon as you are ready just let me know and we can sort that out.

like you pointed out, if anything was to happen to the car, that would be the end of it, so its good that you are making moulds :)

smidge WROTE:

"just get some U13 nissan blue bird side skirts

they can fit with minimal mods and look almost the same as those

i have some i was gonna put on my K11, Marshal you should come buy them and cut and shut them to fit mate, we've all seen you've got the skills!

there are a lot of skirts out there that are similar, but there is something about the postert kit, it is perfect. i think if i really get desperate i will take skirts from another car but i really want the postert ones

CMF_NeX

» CMF Member
thead from the dead gets a massive bump! anyone got any update on the postert sideskirts, i have everything i need for my kit except these

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
Hello Nex, I still have the Postert side skirts. But they are still on one of the Micras in my garage. I plan to take them off during next summer some time. Then it will be possible for me to make moulds and do copys. But this will be no walk in the park. As they have been on the car for some time, and have seen some wear. So I will need to heat, shape, fill, sand, prep and paint them before I can do moulds.

I also have Giacuzzo side skirts and Wald side skirts just laying around in the garage waiting to go on to future projects btw..lol

CMF_NeX

» CMF Member
thread from the dead bump again,

sorry i didn't reply to you MicraTech, over a year ago, did you get anywhere with the skirts? i will happily drive up and borrow them for a mould if they are off the car

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
NeX WROTE:

"thread from the dead bump again,

sorry i didn't reply to you MicraTech, over a year ago, did you get anywhere with the skirts? i will happily drive up and borrow them for a mould if they are off the car

Hey,
well that goes for the both of us, so no worries mate! Always nice tho hear from you. I know I have not been too social on the web for some time now. But things are looking to change for the better, so I will be more easy to get in contact with in the future..

The Skirts are still on the car but I plan to take them off the car soon. I will then have both the Postert side skirts laying around, as well as the Wald side skirts and the MS Design/Giacuzzo ones. So i am keen on getting molds of both the Postert and the Wald skirts as soon as possible I guess.

The Postert side skirts really need some work done to them after being on the car for so long though, nasty weather and sun has made them all wobbly looking, but should be straight and nice once effort put in..

I will drop you an email soon..its a promice!

Cheers
Are

CMF_NeX

» CMF Member
micratech WROTE:

"NeX WROTE:

"thread from the dead bump again,

sorry i didn't reply to you MicraTech, over a year ago, did you get anywhere with the skirts? i will happily drive up and borrow them for a mould if they are off the car"</div>

Hey,

well that goes for the both of us, so no worries mate! Always nice tho hear from you. I know I have not been too social on the web for some time now. But things are looking to change for the better, so I will be more easy to get in contact with in the future..

The Skirts are still on the car but I plan to take them off the car soon. I will then have both the Postert side skirts laying around, as well as the Wald side skirts and the MS Design/Giacuzzo ones. So i am keen on getting molds of both the Postert and the Wald skirts as soon as possible I guess.

The Postert side skirts really need some work done to them after being on the car for so long though, nasty weather and sun has made them all wobbly looking, but should be straight and nice once effort put in..

I will drop you an email soon..its a promice!

Cheers

Are

awesome thanks! i am getting desperate now, i was thinking of making some out of some nismo spats and a bit of old pipe!

Back