Popped rear view mirror off, now cant get it back on again!

In a bit of a messy situation here, basically i have two micra's, a 51 reg, and a Y reg, the rear view mirror in my 51 reg is loose, wanted the one from my Y reg, went to my Y reg, and popped it off the ball joint, then changed my mind and wanted it back as it was, the ball doesnt go in. Now if i put force on it, it may crack the windscreen!

Is there any way to get the mirror back on the ball joint? Any help is appreciated! Thanks

p.s going to be creating two build thread on weekend ;)

I thought they just slid off the mount thats attached to the windscreen? Mine was on my '99 :) It'll slide upwards towards the roof lining,leaving a square pad on the windscreen

I thought they just slid off the mount thats attached to the windscreen? Mine was on my '99 :) It'll slide upwards towards the roof lining,leaving a square pad on the windscreen

I know, i just remembered lol, i thought the micra ones are ones that pop off the ball joint, my civic one used to slide up and out.. Im gonna try to slide it off the screen tomorrow, that way i can force it in the ball without being anywhere near the windscreen :cool: Thanks bro

Back