polo coilovers

hi guys, had a search about but I'm useless at any forum I'm on so I can only seem to find k11 info. aha.
from what I understand, polo 6n coilovers fit on the front with a bit of drilling and milling, but what about the rears? do the springs and dampers fit straight on?
cheers.

so the rear setup on a k10 is McPherson strut as opposed to separate spring and damper? what sort of work is needed to make polo coilovers fit on the rear?

ok so not toooooooo much hassle lol, front setup is same as k11 right? but I'm guessing that k10 rear is trailing axle and k11 rear is trailing arm? sorry for all the questions, just fancy a k10 as my new daily and will not want to keep it standard aha!

Fronts are the same k10/11 apart from the brake hose mount, best bet is search through the k10 blogs cause this has been covered in three or four different ones :)

ok so not toooooooo much hassle lol, front setup is same as k11 right? but I'm guessing that k10 rear is trailing axle and k11 rear is trailing arm? sorry for all the questions, just fancy a k10 as my new daily and will not want to keep it standard aha!
both have a beam axle, but k11 is coil-aside :)

Top mounts need to be drilled out. I used the k10 spring cup on top of the polo spring cup with a spacer between, then the bearing and then the drilled out topmount. For the bottom i elongated the top hole down to match the k10 damper hole gap, then reinforced it by welding a washer on in the correct place either side.

For the rears I removed the bottom bush then had to shorten it as it was too wide ( or you could cut the bush off the K10 damper ) and re welded it towards the front of the damper so now the damper clears the axle.

hope this helps

Back