Polo 6N coilovers onto K10

Just came across this project thread:
http://www.wheel-whores.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=18867

Left a post asking for more photo's of work but anyone on here done this.
Exactly what I am after for the Be-1. A lot cheaper than the quotes I was getting for K10 coilovers.

e7cb988d.jpg

696a0f83.jpg

more indepth thread loads of pics! he also got a thread on here search the k10 threads for rtlkyuki or summit like that!

So to do this 100% (or closest) safely what would I need to do.

81bef197.jpg

Can see that reinforcing the mount should be pretty easy, but another thread using golf coilies which would be the best route?

I am bumping the topic due to possible top mount issues on the Bee

hahah a thread about me :laugh: awsome! To get coilovers to fit on the front you need to:

# - drill the top mount out. I eneded up splitting the top mount and removing the rubber part (which the strut bolts through) as it was just wobling around.
# - drill a new hole in the bottom. or you could do it the proper way like Machi san and cut the hub and extend the mounting point up.

my way of doing it:
e0138915.jpg

and Machi san's way:
a50f6e2e.jpg

# - machine the coilover top cup to accept the plastic ring bearing - i still need to do this, ive only broken 1 bearing so far and got some spare ones from the scrapyard for free.

05a0c1d9.jpg

how mine are:
0e6352c8.jpg

For the rear:

# - drill the hole out where the coilover attaches to the body
# - widen the axle mount to take the larger bush
# - drill the axle mount so the coilover is further away from the axle so it doesnt hit it

I havnt got any pictures of the rear, but ill take some this weekend so that when I add them to this thread, it will be a complete guide to fitting 6n coilovers to a micra

Whats the story with fitting these to a K11 herselfs micra needs moar low and to lose the boat like handling. It needs to corner nearly as good as my pulsar cause i have her well trained in the art of hard driving, shes hoping to do some track days too

Whats the story with fitting these to a K11 herselfs micra needs moar low and to lose the boat like handling. It needs to corner nearly as good as my pulsar cause i have her well trained in the art of hard driving, shes hoping to do some track days too

same as above i think, but you will need an adjustable panhard rod too.

im just a bit worried about the fitment on the rear, cos afterall k11 arent coilovers on the rear are they.

might be more hassle than its worth???

im just a bit worried about the fitment on the rear, cos afterall k11 arent coilovers on the rear are they.

might be more hassle than its worth???

McK has got front coilovers with a sort of standard set up on the rear (lowering spring and shock)

How would my car be if I cut my standard springs by about 2 coils ??? This coilover stuff looks a bit complicated for me , , has anyone ever cut their standard springs ??

Back