Polo 6n coilovers

Right I've been searching on this forum for a while and couldn't find an actual modifying thread only people saying look for them, so can anyone tell me what needs doing to the front coilovers to get them to fit or any links to a thread as I know the backs only need the bottom bush shortening is that right? Any help appreciated

There's ni guide because no one wants to put their name to it and usually because it's a bodge it and scarper they've done

The backs need the old bush cutting off and a proper one welding one otherwise they'll snap.
I've never seen one that'd been welded (by myself) snap however the manufacturer bush will

Fronts people drill out a hole and weld a washer on.. what accuracy and suitability. They don't notice the issues because they're that low it drives crap anyway

Get a laser cut plate. Weld those on then drill as necessary

Then you've the top mount to sort

The backs need the old bush cutting off and a proper one welding one otherwise they'll snap.

Disagree. I had mine ground down to fit and had no issues.
The grind had no effect on, nor did it interfere with the weld.

I will say the Polo 6n fit was utter ****e and I had issues with the springs rubbing against the body. I'd advise against fitting them.

Evidence suggests I'm correct. A cut down bush snaps
A proper one is a necessity

Ask @Clodo about her experience

Even like so. With the red shaded area ground down but the weld left alone?
This iirc, was how my Polo ones were bolted to the rear.
QDkdA6V.png

My polo 6n ones with a offset bush....
1459791352571.jpg

It snapped on me whilst doing about 60.....
My pants needed changing very shortly after as I was up to my ears in excrement and had to be trailored home.
Not one of my best days... Xx

Do you just want to lower your car? If so, the cheapest option is cut springs (keeping them captive), and shorter rear dampers (Corsa b). Cut the panhard rod, shorten it, and reweld to bring the rear axle inline. This isn't my preferred route, but it's pretty much the quickest and cheapest.

Didn't realise you were using them I thought you were using
Bc? Xx

Spax front, BSR rear. We never sorted an exchange or anything out for the rear.

I was fed up with dealing with him & half hearted attempts at sorting it out. He deals with whoever suits him.

I realise that's my opinion and many may think otherwise.

Iv got a full BC set to go on for racing this rear.

I've just given my BC BRs a once over while I was fettling the AP brakes Paul.

They're by no means the be all and end-all when it comes to suspension ultimately, but you get a lot of performance for the $$ and they're very plush on the roads despite the marketing hype from MeisterR about them being less suitable for UK roads.

I was fed up with dealing with him & half hearted attempts at sorting it out. He deals with whoever suits him.

Sorry to hear that sweet :( xx

I've just given my BC BRs a once over while I was fettling the AP brakes Paul.

They're by no means the be all and end-all when it comes to suspension ultimately, but you get a lot of performance for the $$ and they're very plush on the roads despite the marketing hype from MeisterR about them being less suitable for UK roads.

Im happy to get a proper spring back in the axel again Dave! Given the state of manx roads im supprised the coilover never made an attempt to come through the rear turret!

Exactly, i got them at cost price so im more than happy to run them :)

Shame he never saw fit to replace mine.

Hold on a bloody minute. You're right we were mid process of exchanging yours. But for whatever reason just stopped conversation. If you were that desperate for a swap (although there's nothing wrong with yours thus far I've seen) why did you stop communicating? Yet as always I'm stamped the terrible one?

That's a very unfair judgement you just stuck out there

Let's get this clear here and now
I replaced Chloes as hers broke and put her in danger. It was my duty to do so as a business aspect. YOURS DIDNT BREAK, but for some reason you didn't mention that?
You were only wanting something sorting through paranoia. That's not grounds for a replacement at all.

Go to any business, ask them to replace what you have because you think it may break like a friends did and tell me their response?
The fact I even bothered to offer it says something, but now I know your true opinion don't I

So in summary what you're saying is because I didn't chase you for an unwarranted and unnecessary replacement I'm half hearted?
Even though the parts you have are nearing 2 years old and still functional.
People are quick to make assumptions and jump to conclusions until facts are laid out
No worries Paul, it's been noted

Last edited:
I'm sorry guys didn't mean to cause an argument atall...

I think a hell of a lot of Andy he's a good friend...

I also respect Paul alot

Once again sorry
Xx

Back