Polish your knob.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Now that ive got your attention,

Today i had a rare occasion where i actually looked at my gear knob and to my horror, there was a little buildup of muck and dirt in the numbers and |-|-| bit. I saved 5 mins from my day to pop it off and clean it out by digging thru the indents with a toothpick and a little flat-head screwdriver. Looking at the base part aswell there was a slight colour change near the bottom from my built up rubbish. I gave it a good stripping with some metholated spirits and a coat of armour-all.
Just a lil tip to restore that brilliant look like when it was born.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
haha ah well thats not as a picture of a car I found on an import website with a rubber replica of a male reproductive organ as its gearknob... :S

PS: armour all is the devil. It actually attracts dust and doesnt last long at all. Hurry up and buy some 303 Aerospace Protectant. You don't know what you're missing!

cisco

» CMF Member
Ahhh I've noticed that with Armor all, is it bad stuff to use?

My cars get so dusty after using it. Damn now I know why.

Bring back Yom's car care thread..

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Armor All is really greasy and shouldn't be used on steering wheels and gear knobs for obvious reasons. I've also noticed that using it on the black inserts on the bumper bars makes them streaky when it rains or gets wet. Yes, Yom, what happened to the car care guide?

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
What does this 303 Aerospace Protectant consist of? How much is the RRP? And whats so fancy about it? :)

Armour-All is all ive known :( Venturing out to new products is a little scary, but if you think its the bomb, ill consider it!

Back