police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Ex. Club Member
so manda is driving home from work through the centre of newcastle. She goes down a bus lane clearly maked "NO CARS BETWEEN 7am - 7pm". A police women then pulls her over for being in a buss lane, obivously this womens regular area. So after manda has pointed out that is clearly isnt a bus lane at 9pm. out of sheer spite and total ignorance she trys to be cocky and says "are the alloy wheels declared on your insurance?". To which amanda points her out "they are not alloys, they are hub caps", which they clearly are. The copper responds with "look like alloys to me" and walks off.

I hate police, ignorant idiots. EVERY dealing i have with them doesnt not come off in their favour. Here is another one for the books :/

hahahahaha this is possibly the funniest thing ever, i always seem to get the police who know everything and pin me down for every single thing im doing wrong....she should ha told her to mind her own business about the alloys...then poked her in the eye and drove off

lol i would have taken her badge number and wrote a letter of compaint. Not that it would do any good. WOuld be funny if i whipped out the camera and took her photo "your photo is going on my RETARDED officers wall" :D

ask them if they have a stop/search form youd be suprised how often i get away with that, if not you can politely reply "swivel" and drive off no obligations.

all went well untill i got caught in a field being towed by my car and i was on a mountain board with a tow rope, and in due cause got an asbo!:down:

there was a book on ebay a while back for ways off gettin away from the police wish i bought 1 now!

I have never known a copper to admit messing up (will MA12 admit if he has?)

I have to "special" mates (no I don't mean handicapped), they both admit being wrong but never say it to the person involved.
I'd respect a copper 100% more if he said sorry and apologised for the mistake.

I was driving along the other night and a car was coming the other way and the lights were shining me in my eyes, i was pritty annoyed at the time so i put my full beam on and directed my car straight at the other car to get the most out of my beams as if to tell the other guy to stop it...
Moved back over to where i should have been as i went past.... IT WAS A POLICE CAR!!!!!!

Oh my god!

Next minuite - blue lights span round in the road started chasing me...
As SOON as i saw this - i stopped got out my car walked over to him (before hed even stopped).. He went to open his door and i stood in the way of it so that he had to wind his window down instead.. and hes like "Whats up PAL" to me.. and i was like "well, i was driving along and some **** was shining his lights on me and it was you..." (in my head i was saying *shouldnt have said ****, shouldnt have said *****) anyway he fiddled with his knobs(ooer) and his lights mechannically moved downwards... "sorry mate, diddnt know they were set like that.." -
"No worries pal..." i said
"better watch how your driving though mate..." he said
"no worries" - walked off..

oh my god - i was crapping my pants lol - got away with it though, if you get out of your car and confront them they will try to get rid of you faster i have found...

I only ever hear stories of this up north it seems, every single dealing i've had with the Police down here has been fine, even when they pulled me for going a bit too fast. To be honest I think it's how you treat them 9/10 times.

If you sound sarcy to them, then they will respond in kind. If you talk to them like you would to a friend etc then I think they appreciate that. Most of them are just there to do a job. I must admit though in this case the policewoman did seem a bit harsh!

James said:
I only ever hear stories of this up north it seems, every single dealing i've had with the Police down here has been fine, even when they pulled me for going a bit too fast. To be honest I think it's how you treat them 9/10 times.

If you sound sarcy to them, then they will respond in kind. If you talk to them like you would to a friend etc then I think they appreciate that. Most of them are just there to do a job. I must admit though in this case the policewoman did seem a bit harsh!

a bit? she was just wrong, and if asked, wouldnt admit to it i bet. I am fine towards police, but it annoys me when im going home from manda's around christmas then "OMG ANOTHER RANDOM BREATHALISER", just cos at the time i had alloys and an exhaust, obviously i had been driking :/

Ian said:
a bit? she was just wrong, and if asked, wouldnt admit to it i bet. I am fine towards police, but it annoys me when im going home from manda's around christmas then "OMG ANOTHER RANDOM BREATHALISER", just cos at the time i had alloys and an exhaust, obviously i had been driking :/
To be honest they do random breathalyzer tests around Christmas for a reason. You can't dispute that one.

But yeah I do agree about her being wrong.

i havent had one in a standard car since though, im sure they vicemise modified cars.

i find most cops are ok and dont really have a problem with them... some ancient coppers are bumholes but most old folk are...

i think the key in Ian's story is the fact that the copper is a woman...

only jokin... maybe it was just her time of month...hahaha

Definitly agree with James, its a northern thing!

I'd be major annoyed if that happened to me tho, pulled over for no real valid reason and they'd just waste my time. Make a note of who it is and report them to the police complaints body if this continues to happen.

alloy.jpg

totally an alloy wheel ¬_¬

Grant said:
i am not a policeman, but can i just say that they arnt all like that.
Like me and Arnold said, Southern police seem to be cool ;)

And lol at that post Type-R :D

1 was out with a mate and we were goin along the road at night an when over a wee hill on the road only to find a police car doin a u turn in the middle off the road so it was a choice of slam on hammers or hit them, hammers went down an the wheels locked up he then got chaged for skidding along the road............... my mates 18 with a SRI lowerd, kitted and big alloys i think they do go for the youngers.

just to add.......

im sure theres 1 in every town but he got off with a speeding fine that should of lost him his ticket an every since then hes been picked up by the boys in blue for every little thing!

Haha some things just don't change around the world. We have our fair share of bad egg police too.

Lucky the micra just doesn't attract attention. :)

ive been #######ed for speeding a couple of times, the police seemed fine about it really.. just said "slow down abit"

I got pulled about 12 years ago, (many times since but this one sticks in my mind) I'd been out on a Sunday night with my wife Ginnette, we'd been out to a pub in Macclesfield which was only a few miles away, we were almost home (about 50 feet from home) when a copper pulled us up, the whole thing was going, lights, sirens, big shouty voices and everything, I stopped and got out the car, (rusty Honda civic) the copper aged about 50 got out and tried to make me look like Ronnie Biggs, he made me breathe in the bag, the whole lot, he even tested my tyre pressures, he was of course trying to impress the novice he had with him, his excuse for pulling us was that we had passed him at excessive speed, (40mph in a 40 zone when he was doing 28) when it was confirmed that the car was straight he gave me a producer, I pointed to my house and said that we could walk there and get my docs, he said he was too busy and gave me the producer anyway, which I thought was just being awkward. He could have been catching criminals instead of looking for easy crime solved figures.

sonic said:
I thought was just being awkward. He could have been catching criminals instead of looking for easy crime solved figures.

mibi he thought you was a criminal lol police can be fuds sometimes

erm guys? can we quit it with the police are morons thread please?

Police people are people, we can be wrong, of course we can, an there's always going to be the odd baddun as there is with all organisations/groups. I'm sure we've got a few MSC peeps that are complete...thinks twice about swearing...

Yes i'd admit I was wrong if I was, and I kinda admited to a guy that i might be wrong the other nite, but there were still other things wrong with his car, I warned him about them and told him to go home, next time I see him and he's not put things back to how they should be he's in for it... but that's not the approach every copper makes.

Just don't go round tarring everyone with the same brush.

Oh and for the record, i've owned modified cars, and NEVER been pulled by the police(well in a car), never gave them cause to pull me. They'll only pull you up if there's something about your behaiviour or your car that gives them cause to question the legality of the situation, age/attitude/insurance/documents/illegally modified etc...

Pete

i got pulled over 5 times an a space of a year cos coppers r so dum and stupid i was wearing harners and they did not see that ####es me off they saw the harners did a quick car check over the radio nothing came back and i was on my way

MA12:) said:
erm guys? can we quit it with the police are morons thread please?

Police people are people, we can be wrong, of course we can, an there's always going to be the odd baddun as there is with all organisations/groups. I'm sure we've got a few MSC peeps that are complete...thinks twice about swearing...

Yes i'd admit I was wrong if I was, and I kinda admited to a guy that i might be wrong the other nite, but there were still other things wrong with his car, I warned him about them and told him to go home, next time I see him and he's not put things back to how they should be he's in for it... but that's not the approach every copper makes.

Just don't go round tarring everyone with the same brush.

Oh and for the record, i've owned modified cars, and NEVER been pulled by the police(well in a car), never gave them cause to pull me. They'll only pull you up if there's something about your behaiviour or your car that gives them cause to question the legality of the situation, age/attitude/insurance/documents/illegally modified etc...

Pete

Police have regular beats though correct? So the copper must have known it was a 7-7 bus lane. And look at the picture obviously NOT alloy wheels. You know as well as i do, she was doing it to be a EDITED

coppers who wants them when u want them there r not arround and when u dont want them they r always on u like glue annoining arnt they

coppers who wants them when u want them there r not arround and when u dont want them they r always on u like glue annoining arnt they

Were you dropped on your head as a child? LOL

I get what you mean :)

Ian said:
Police have regular beats though correct? So the copper must have known it was a 7-7 bus lane. And look at the picture obviously NOT alloy wheels. You know as well as i do, she was doing it to be a c***

Incorrect, police do not always have a regular beat, Alot of the time officers will work in a duty group, which polices the entire district so it'd take years to know every single area. Obviously the WPC in question was wrong but why are you being such a P*** about it? Just let it go, or if your so aggrieved go and make a complaint, it WILL be investigated.

If you want to know more about the Police then I'm more than happy to answer questions or talk about it, but I will not stand for sweeping comments and generalisations.

Sometimes it's not what someone does but there attitude that depends on the outcome of the situation.

Pete

Ma12:) what would you do if you pulled a car with full limo black tints on?

what would normally happen?

If I pulled a car with full limo black tints on but everything else was in order, they were being friendly/cooperative and they were from the area, I would probably ask them for their documents which would lead to a producer, I would probably use my discretion and ask them to remove the illegal tints (i'm guessing were talking limo black front side windows) as soon as they get home, which is where i'd ask them to go to avoid driving a non road worthy vehicle.

If I were to see the vehicle a second time still with tints, i'd stop them, get a member of the road traffic group out (to test the tints with a special light meter) and probably issue them with a VDRS (fix or you get fined) form.

Catch em again and prosecute.

But that's just how i'd do it. I know coppers that don't know what a legal or illegal tint is so they wouldn't say a word ( tho they'd prob ask me). But then again I know officers who would issue a VDRS straight away. But what I want everyone to come away with here is that if your friendly, you'll get a producer and a word in your ear, if your being a so and so (family forum guys) you'll get more, possibly even your car taken off of you and impounded.

i hate producers sooo much!

i have to go a good twenty miles to hand them in and its usually when I've written a car off so i have to go by bus :(

I won't issue a complaint because it didn't happen to me, but to my girlfriend, so if she wanted to that's fine. Although if it happened to me i would have asked her (still being friendly) why she was wasting my time and police time on something she was completly wrong about. Asked for her badge number then issued a complainted. Although that probably would have ended up me getting some sort of producer or fine, because in her eyes i would have been acting like a prick and not cooperating. It just really annoys me when this happens, they could go and pull some people with illegal tints or number plates. I see a hell of lot of them and i think something should be done about it. Hard to read number plates are a disgrace and everyone should be pulled and fined first offence.

On the subject of the police I have been pulled over prob once or twice a year since i was driving. Some have been my own fault (over taking an unmarked car at 65 in a 30 was one) but others have been them (driving too fast - when i asked I was doing 30 what speed do you have me down as he replied 33 WTF! )

It doesn't matter if it's my fault or them being picky I always say yes sir no sir 3 bags full sir and you get a smile out of them in the end.

my dad works for VOSA and was involved in a road side check the other day... he pulled over three cars with tints....told them to rip them off there and then or they will get a fine...... get caught with them on again and they will take the car and have it crushed......

my dad works with the traffic police every day, for the best part of 8 hrs a day..... and even he says they are nobies....:laugh: :laugh:

actualy he said that most police oficers now just want to dress up in black and play "soldier" and bust someones front door in with gum boots and a balaclava......

acting the SAS role....

ah well each to his own...:wasntme:

NeX said:
and its usually when I've written a car off so i have to go by bus :(

I love it NeX, it makes it sound like it's your hobby or something. :laugh:

MA12:) said:
Incorrect, police do not always have a regular beat, Alot of the time officers will work in a duty group, which polices the entire district so it'd take years to know every single area.

If that's the case then why do the police have a regular camera spot in Trafford Park (Manchester) ? It is always in the same place, at the same time 1.30pm-2.30pm at least once a week every week, obviously the boys and girls are passing the info on a good 'crime figure solved' site to each other. I'm sure other people here know of other places that are regular haunts for cameras.

antony_aiken said:
my dad works for VOSA and was involved in a road side check the other day... he pulled over three cars with tints....told them to rip them off there and then or they will get a fine...... get caught with them on again and they will take the car and have it crushed......

that has to be illegal, otherwise its a shame to think what the world is coming too, complete scum.

I've been with people who have been stopped when in the wrong (speeding, dangerous driving, faults with car etc.) and they have been polite and helpful to the police, and everything is fine - just a telling off. I have been in cars where the person has done nothing wrong, apart from acting suspiciously, they have been stopped, and then they behave like morons in front of the cops - this is how you end up with producers and fines. I think a lot of it has to do with your attitude to the police.

And like MA12 says, 99.9% of the force do their job well. I'd say the same proportion of police actually care about what they do as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back