PistonHeads.com: UK Roads 'Not Fit For Purpose'

Well the government can't afford to fix the potholes as all the country's money is wasted forcing democracy on a country that is nothing to do with us.
Oh no it has got sommat to do with the UK I guess, where else would we get the oil for the people to be taxed on.

Well the government can't afford to fix the potholes as all the country's money is wasted forcing democracy on a country that is nothing to do with us.
Oh no it has got sommat to do with the UK I guess, where else would we get the oil for the people to be taxed on.

You do have to wonder how many potholes c. £7 billion would fix...

It's not like we don't pay enough roadtax either.

I might get a bag of cement and go do it myself, it's the first in a long line of superheros I'm creating including 'clampman' who goes around with his sidekick 'smith lock' removing clamps from peoples cars with a set of bolt cutters.

It's not the cost of materials though is it, how much does it cost to have surveyors look at the problem for a fortnight, discussions around the office on how to fix the problem for a month, orders to be given, then the cost of six council workers to sit in their truck cabs supping tea round each pothole for five days ?

Round my area (evesham) if someone has reported a pot hole a bloke comes out after about 24hours

then it gets tarmaced after about 48hours

then it rains and it makes another one?!?

In my area we have to wait for someone to die as a result of a something for them to fix it.
We don't get anything until it's too late. At the local recycling centre we had to have a 25 tonne bucket dropped on someone before they got a health and safety guy in.

The potholes are costing me a fortune in suspension repairs.

i think mr brown needs to stop wasting are money on wars that the americans start but never finish, and why should we pay congestion charges or have toll roads, are car tax is high as it is, that should be more than enough, did you read in the papers on sunday that mr brown is building 2 million houses for imigrants, now theres a waste of money too, i think are govenment is just wanting us to pay more tax and end up in more debt than ever before, there the reason most people are in debt in the first place.

congestion charges, mr brown idoit

rant over

i think mr brown needs to stop wasting are money on wars that the americans start but never finish, and why should we pay congestion charges or have toll roads, are car tax is high as it is, that should be more than enough, did you read in the papers on sunday that mr brown is building 2 million houses for imigrants, now theres a waste of money too, i think are govenment is just wanting us to pay more tax and end up in more debt than ever before, there the reason most people are in debt in the first place.

congestion charges, mr brown idoit

rant over

dont mean to nitpick but its our... not are...

Lols and if I could find a problem with your spelling I'd correct you as well. Then someone would have to do the same to me.

Olly - how about you look ahead and drive round the potholes? :p

Government must generate so much money through road tax and you just know it's not spent back on the roads.

In my area we have to wait for someone to die as a result of a something for them to fix it.
We don't get anything until it's too late. At the local recycling centre we had to have a 25 tonne bucket dropped on someone before they got a health and safety guy in.

The potholes are costing me a fortune in suspension repairs.

Rather than just complain about them, have you reported any potholes to the council through the correct procedures? Also, if you've damaged your suspension on a pot hole, why not take them to court?

I'm a member of the Motorcycle Action Group, we have postcards available through the group that can be filled in reporting hazards such as pot holes, diesel spills, armco damage etc and then sent to the local council, perhaps these could be looked into with the Admin here.

Back