PistonHeads.com: Time Up for Uninsured Drivers

If people pay tax and don't want to insure it (don't know how you can do that anyway as you need insurance to buy tax!) then surely they will just sorn the cars to escape the fine, and chance it? The fine for not having tax will be lower than buying insurance, especially for new drivers.

If people pay tax and don't want to insure it (don't know how you can do that anyway as you need insurance to buy tax!)

Its an easy loophole you insure your car just before the tax runs out and then cancel your policy within the statutory 14 day cooling off period.

I doubt this will reduce premiums though as insures won't want to pass on any benefits even if this does work

If insurance wasnt so much in the first place more people wouldnt run the risk!!

Ive just had an accident and didnt re-new my insurance on my almera, but its still taxed, and im not driving it becuase i cant! So does that mean im gonna get fined!

i hope not curtis!!

what about these people that only insure one of their cars over the summer months for 6 months, for example if its a show car or the likes?!

I guess you could write a letter back to explain, but its the hassel

People wont pay car tax now, as Arnold said ^

This will make 10x's more work for the dvla as people will be sorn'ing, taxing and cashing in the tax alot more!!

Insurance companies have made this mess by charging higher premiums and anything else they can think of added to the policy.
The Government have also added to the mess by not coming up with decent response to what's been happening for years by not Jailing the scum who makes everyone elses life a misery by stealing cars day in and day out.

yes, lets buy a car for £20,000 then get it insured for less than £1000 and get everyone else to pay for it through their premiums if it's crashed

Driver buys a micra worth £300 and gets charged £1500 if he or she is a certain age......that's how it works doesn't it?

What are we actually Insuring here, is it the Car or is it the Driver?

Choose your Job wisely as that can have an affect on the price too.....no doubt premiums will be going up based on your financial record next!

99% of the people who do commit this crime wont even here about the law changing anyway, like they give a dam...this isnt to help us out, its always to punish the good and make it slightly harder yet sometimes easier for those who #### up all their lives

this only affects the law obiders, another side swipe and step towards police state britain.

speed cameras say it all. if i have insurance, tax, mot, full clean drivers licence, been driving for 4 years, never claimed, never taken drungs or been drunk but stray 2mph over the speed limit, i am a criminal and will risk losing my job and have a stigma for a year on my license.
if i dont have a licence, havent taxed the car as its not mine, not insured, not mot'd, im drunk, on drugs and have just murdered 4 people that are currently in little plastic bags in the boot of the car i just stole......but i drive a 58mph in a 60limit, i get away with it scott free.... thats how this country is being run, they are making it EASY for theives, murdurers, Chavs, Pikeys and any old scum on the road that just happens to slow down at a speed camera.

plus, if my car was taxed for a year, it was fully road worthy but my insurance ran out, with me going away potetialy with the raf for 6 months at a time, would they then come to my house and seize my car as uninsured?

its all complete twoddle.

what a joke!!!

so your telling me if I dont have a garage/driveway I MUST scrap my car if i need to save up for insurance rather then just leave it undriven....

as antony said, its all part of the plan i spose

It's always been an offence to have a non insured vehicle on the public highway.

A logical step, but won't do anything to reduce the 1/5th of drivers who drive uninsured/untexed...

Back