PistonHeads.com: More Speed Cameras To Cut Congestion

The government are so thick. Congestion is usually caused by idiots in the wrong lane, or lorries overtaking. If they're thinking of using the hard shoulder, why not just have it as a lorry lane. No over taking allowed, and do something about lane hoggers! Lane 1's usually empty, lane 2 is packed..

The government are so thick.

Understatement of the decade, all speed cameras do is increase greenhouse gasses in the same way speed humps do, all the accelerating and braking, it will lead to more road rage with people braking to 10mph under the speed limit because they can see a camera, there has still been no conclusive proof that they lower accident rates, as for using the hard shoulder for an extra lane, brilliant idea.....NOT so there you are on the hard shoulder fixing your flat tyre and suddenly wallop, you've got an eastern european artic with a driver thats just driven for 13 hours straight shunting you up the motorway at 60mph, it seems to be just another method of taxing the public to me in the way of more revenue from speeding fines. I thinkthe government should pull its collective head out of its **** and sort the problems out properly, not just looking at the small picture of the next 5 years, think about the next 50 instead, road improvements should be made for projected traffic levels in say 2050, that way they can put there time to other problems whilst the road problems are sorted for the next half century, oops just realised I was ranting, the government just P's me off, a lot of you younger members will know how I feel in another 20 years, anyhoo rant over.

Back