PistonHeads.com: 260HP Civic Type-RR

honda have missed a trick here as team halfords wanted two of these to build as full on BTCC cars as they use the Integra chassis (and we all know how well they did on that platform 05,06) but honda uk said they would never release another civic type R, but wanted to build two one off's (if that made sence) for the btcc. shortly before releasing the final drawings of what the btcc civic would look like, honda japan released pics of this jdm spec civic type R, and team halfords were a little peeved.

not only had they spent hundreds of thousands of pounds on a car that they knew nothing about to try and make it competative, honda had lied to them and released a car that is very farmiliar to them, and alot faster too. i mean the new civic uk version has torsion beam rear suspension? who ever (outside peugeot) thaught that was a good idea? every honda hatch since 1976 has been double wishbone or at least fully independant. why change it now?

not only that, but everyone i have spoken to, everyone online and in person hates the uk civic and loves the jdm one.

Honda uk are a bunch of medling jumper wearing biggots that would rather sell their cars to the over 70 brigade than actualy listen to the public.

alas its the same thing that happened to subaru last year with the new Impreza, pug fugly dog faced reprobate of a car thats more like a kia rio than a fire breathing tarmac snorting rally car. what a waste of a perfectly good name.

what are these people thinking about when producing a car?

i mean how hard is it to make a car legal to use in the uk from japan?.... they need a spedo that says mph.... and a rear fog light....WOW
yet they released this version in the usa which needs a new stearing rack, new bumpers, new headlights, new tailights, countless numbers of stickers and another catalyst. yet that was easier than bringing the car to the uk?

it makes me sick.

im gonna stick to wanting a DC2 Type R integra, a propper honda.

Rant over.

Back