PistonHeads.com: 20mph Zones Cut Injuries By 40 Per Cent

Interesting figures given without evidence of a direct correlation between the reduction of speed limit and the deaths, especially given many other things, like improvements in education, green cross code etc, through to impact zones and ABS on vehicles, and even the reduction in drunk drivers. Excellently skewed figures.

Meh.

If people break a 30mph speed limit, why would a 20mph bother them?

Some police forces don't enforce 20mph (my one, devon and cornwall don't, they say it's a waste of their time) but i assume the met do.

Given the size of our road network, and that little thing called free will and human error, i believe it's naive to think that you can wipe out all accidents.

20mph is a horrifically inneficient speed to travel at. I belive in my mondeo, i'd had to sit in 2nd or 3rd, and in the micra, 3rd or 4th, which is burning fuel, whereas 30, the mondeo can happily do at 1.8k (bearing mind the slowest you can do in it is 1.5k) in 4th, and the micra, if it's flat, can do in 5th. All this ######## about global warming and how cars are killing the planet and will kill us all, or that burning fuel at 20mph can save everybody.

another retsrded conclusion, these people seem to work on the basis that by mesuring one thing with another you get an answer.

here is a nice example:

100% of people who eat food, die after at most 150 years.

or

98% of all drivers on the road also own a TV,

Back