Pipercross VS K&N: panel filters?

Pipercross VS K&N: panel filter

• Total voters
I recon the Pipercross tend to flow better then the K&Ns. They may not filter as good mind.
I am actually looking to buy the pipercross, just need to find a good deal on one. :suspect:

against the K&N i'd say the filter that comes with the service kits (oil filter, NGK plugs, panel filter - see ebay item 190408156437) on ebay, are just as good - I've had both on mine (with a modified cut-away airbox, full cold air feed from bumper) and honestly can't tell the difference... if anything the cheapo one in this kit is easier to clean!

The pipercross ones use a totally different construction - honeycomb mesh.
This stuff is actually better for airflow and for filtration, and they make a lovely sound too ;-)

Thumbs up to the pipercross from me (Y)

honistly mate i believe that the propper oe fittments are best because nissan had spend millions designing the best for these cars to run so surely a 'performance' filter wont do nothink unless you get a performance exhaust kit, re time the engine because air flow will be different with a moddified filter and remapping and such

honistly i believe its just a placeebo effect where you think it goes faster so it is where really it isnt.

best mod is remapping(i find any way)

sorry to sound like im slating modded air flows but i dont think there as good as they say

To be honest, I'm with you on this one - even with a decent mani / exhaust system, increased air flow can only do so much.

We ran some before and after RR tests on my old Seicento Abarth (bearing in mind that this car had a janspeed 4 branch mani, MetalKat sports cat, stainless straight through to a S/S backbox, running bigger injectors, fuel boost, quad core plugs and leads), based on the factory air filter (never cleaned or changed in 6 years) vs a PiperCross ring vs a modified ford focus induction kit with cold air feed.

The results were quite interesting - AFAICR, was running 69bhp on stock, 71 on the pipercross and 74 with the induction kit...

I guess it's kinda like the fire triangle thing - in the sense that you need equally increased ratios of fuel air and spark to create the right balance of increase, and as you say Nissan will have spent a lot of money going for a happy reliable balance of power and economy...

Its true that the genuine Nissan OEM products are spot on, however dont confuse any paper filter with the proper Nissan bits, many can be crap quality. (Y)

P.S. The filter from "190408156437" eBay offer, is it a cotton+mesh K&N style jobbies or is it a regular paper one?

I love that , it made me laugh:laugh:

someone did mention having fine mesh or a similar type a thing:laugh:
as long as debris is caught
me i didnt have a filter for while and now have the standard one in the standard air box...no mods yet you see.but car did come with the 1ltr box set up

Back