Performance Air Filters - Any good??

As the title says really...​
What's everyone's views on them? Do they make a noticeable/worthwhile difference for a fairly minimal outlay?​
Cheers all​

Gotta love some MCM :) Was just wondering about the more specifically on Micra's.... But their results are interesting, waste of money??

Gotta love some MCM :) Was just wondering about the more specifically on Micra's.... But their results are interesting, waste of money??

A lot of people will vouch for running a stock Almera airbox with a panel filter and a cold air feed, this is probably the most common setup. There's also quite a few guys running pod filters, myself included and I'd say that my experience pretty much matches what they say in the vid, no real gains. It does feel smoother across the rev range though but that might be a placebo caused by how awesome they sound :D

Well, I guess the placebo affect may also be the reason for Almera gains? I reckon I'll still go for a pod, purely to make a my 1.0 rally 'powerhouse' sound slightly more butch :p

The theory is that running an air box instead of a pod filter means it is enclosed and draws in much less hot air from the engine bay.

Someone did test this and got a marginal improvement using the Almera air box. Might have been ebbdude?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Almera airbox and a better flowing exhaust system gained me 19bhp.
What exhaust are you running by the way Jay? When I've got my 4-2-1 + Peter Lloyd fitted I'm gonna get it dyno'd - I'm looking forward to seeing what difference a pod filter makes :D

What exhaust are you running by the way Jay? When I've got my 4-2-1 + Peter Lloyd fitted I'm gonna get it dyno'd - I'm looking forward to seeing what difference a pod filter makes :D
That was, 421, cat, standard centre pipe and my jap can :p
Edit: but now have decat which is as much use as a chocolate teapot.

That was, 421, cat, standard centre pipe and my jap can :p
Edit: but now have decat which is as much use as a chocolate teapot.
Haha yeah I've heard the middle cat is pretty much useless, was even told you can pass MOTs without it. Getting rid of it's gotta be good for a cheeky hp or 2 though I would've thought :D

MCM =

facepalm.jpeg

Are you racing youre micra muggy? I dont run any filter on my hotrod I find filters very restrictive.. But if you race on dusty tracks I wouldnt recommend this :)

Back