PCV Valve

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
pull the pcv out of the cam cover nearby the airbox and shake it around, the valve inside should be able to rattle freely unless it's fully gunked up. wipe clean both ends and try blowing through it. it should only allow you to blow through one way.

i.e. only allows vapour to be sucked out one-way from the cam cover to the inlet manifold.

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
pic

Attachments

• 39676.jpg
    39676.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 23

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
When I pulled of the pipe denoted by your red arrow I could blow both into and out of the pipe. So I tried the oned with the green arrow (blowing into and sucking out of the engine block). This allowed me to blow into it. However, when I attempted to suck air out of it, it would only let me do it briefly and then I would here a 'click' and then it was hard to continue sucking. I assume this 'click' was the PCV valve closing. Would this be correct?

Attachments

• 40195.jpg
    40195.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 26

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
the pcv valve is that round plastic part with some white writing on it that the pipe was connected to (red arrowed)

pull out the pipe then pull/rock the valve out of the cam cover to test it proper.

the pcv is push fitted to the cam cover via a rubber gromet seal.

your breather pipe test result sounds like the valves moving ok, but i'd test the pcv itself to see how effective it's workin.

Back