PCV valve and oil consumption

Hello,

My 2003 K12 is quite oil hungry. Incidentally, it also makes a weird "knocking" sound when in neutral (sounds fine when driving).
Upon hearing this a friend instantly said it must be the PCV valve.

Can anyone tell me where this valve is on a K12? I understand changing it is cheap and easy... if I can manage to find it. :)

Cheerio

Remove the entire airbox (both top and bottom) and you should be looking at the bare engine block which will have a sensor on the left side of the block, a cylindrical nipple with some rubber sheathing inside of it and a small bump with a rubber hose coming away from the back of the engine block. The small bump with the rubber hose is the PCV valve :D

There are about 10 bolts around the outside of the airbox on the front, back and both sides that are 10mm. It's not that difficult at all :) make sure you unclip the air filter housing which is on the left underside of the airbox because it'll get in the way. Once you've unclipped and removed the air filter funnel and housing then just unbolt and remove the airbox and you're all set to go

There are about 10 bolts around the outside of the airbox on the front, back and both sides that are 10mm. It's not that difficult at all :) make sure you unclip the air filter housing which is on the left underside of the airbox because it'll get in the way. Once you've unclipped and removed the air filter funnel and housing then just unbolt and remove the airbox and you're all set to go

Thanks a lot for the instructions!

After several months I managed to make some time for this. :)

Is this the pcv valve? Check attached picture.

I managed to unscrew my way up to there, but no matter what I tried and how many fingers I broke I could not remove it from its socket.
Is there anything in particular I must do to remove it or just a bigger hammer?

Attachments

• IMG_20160211_143837.jpg
    IMG_20160211_143837.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2,383
Yes, that's it! :D No idea about removing the actual valve itself though ... when I was getting to the PCV valve it was to install an oil catch can. Most of the valves I've seen are nothing more than a piece of plastic like a t-piece or something to that extent. It's very possible that you can't remove it but I'm honestly not sure o_O

Back