PCV filter and Fuel filter.

CMF_MicraNut

» CMF Member
Hi all,

I have recently done a mini sevice on my Micra. I have changed the spark plugs, PCV filter, Fuel filter and Air filter and done checks as per the Haynes Manual.

Does anyone have an idea what the PCV filter does? Does it work in conjunction with the air filter?

Anybody have any tips on making fuel filter changes easier? When i changed the fuel filter it was a complete pain in the bum!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Fuel filter was actually painful for me as well. ABS makes it a bit harder to access and the rubber lines had welded themselves onto the filter's in/out pipes.

I dont want to do it again haha.

PCV just allows blowby crankcase pressure to be relieved into the intake. Don't touch it (aka, break it) or your engine's seals could start leaking!

smidge

» CMF Member
did you get a genuine PCV filter? curious about price and where you got it

i changed the other bits on the micra quite easily when i got it, its good for peace of mind!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
If your filter is clogged with oil, just remove it and soak in turps.

If it is clogging up quickly you've got excessive blowby. You probably should start looking for a replacement motor (unless you're prepared to repair it). Alternatively, install an oil catch can and monitor the oil being blown through the breather.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
i have this blowby crankcase pressure. i have just put a breather on to help lower the pressure inside the rocker cover. mine was spitting oil out right near the dizzy, and as its been running small boost, pressure has increased.....proper pain! after replacing the r.cover gasket it still continued so hope this little breather does magic.

Back