Passenger mirror - a bit weird

Ive got an early model k10 and the passenger mirror is different to the other two as the glass in it makes everything appear alot closer than it is.

Is this normal on these micras or can I get a 'normal' mirror off a later model?

Yeah the older Datsun ones did that. The pre-facelift and facelift mirrors were normal can can be swapped over pretty easily. The facelift ones are smaller and fold inwards, and can be adjusted from the inside of the car too. I think on yours you've gotta push the glass haven't you?

yeahr, WAY pre face lift...the K10 micra was born in '82 !!

Im guessing that the original near side was probably deliberately over-magnifying to compensate for the distance it is from the drivers eyes....???...then nissan/datsun realised how much of a stupid idea that was.....

I think teh wing mirros on teh more recent K10 are still curved..(the rear viw is always perfectly flat) but may be this earler one had an exagerated neearside???

Cheers for that, ive got a local parts place that should have a later one so i'll try that and hopefully it will do the trick.

Im looking over my shoulder everytime I change lane atm as its just ridiculous! lol

Back