passenger headlight Burnage

Hi all after conquering a clutch change I am confronted with something called "electricity" which in comparison to the clutch seems haaard :)

Basically had a nice burny smell and no headlight. Bulb was ok and then noted this small fuse issus ahem. Threw another in to get me into the weekend bit have smelt the return of another fuse on its way out. I had cleared the terminal of debris I'd thought but am scratching me head as to what do do next. I have soldering iron wire etc but no real thoughts on what to look for / do. Has anyone experienced something similar and solved the problem ? Many thanks in advance as this n plater is other wise running wonderful and still in great nick.

Attachments

• IMG_20140205_200308.jpg
    IMG_20140205_200308.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 207
Hi all after conquering a clutch change I am confronted with something called "electricity" which in comparison to the clutch seems haaard :)

Basically had a nice burny smell and no headlight. Bulb was ok and then noted this small fuse issus ahem. Threw another in to get me into the weekend bit have smelt the return of another fuse on its way out. I had cleared the terminal of debris I'd thought but am scratching me head as to what do do next. I have soldering iron wire etc but no real thoughts on what to look for / do. Has anyone experienced something similar and solved the problem ? Many thanks in advance as this n plater is other wise running wonderful and still in great nick.
Usually caused by a poor electrical connection. Very small contact area leads to high resistance leads to high voltage drop leads to heat leads to melting. If you can replace the fuse box thats what I'd do.

The only other thing that's changed and it might just be coincidence is ive been using the ciggy lighter to juice my phone and stream music to the head unit. Nothing interrelated perhaps ?

15amp passenger side head lamp about 12 months ago the head plug on the bulb went into meltdown I made my own harness and this is the first gip its given me since

How about this what if I by pass the fuse box for that one item as the terminals look like slag and fit a fuse inline with spade joins ?

Back