Parts Needed:

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Right took my car for a little service cause MOT up in Jan, in a sence good job i didnt sell it cause i like selling cars in working order as i would like the same when i buy another car.

1.3 1994 K11
Apparently because im losing water in my radiator tank (min/max line bit) i got a headgasket gone. Aint got a clue what thats about but sounds bad. Prob cause i overfilled with oil one time! :(

I need:

Oil Sump as mine has got a leak,
Driveshafts
Gearbox 1.3 as i think its on its way out
New CV Joints if Driveshaft ones are gone

Just need ideas for prices now so i can save for em.
Failing that i seen Alienfish selling his CG13. Would it be easier to just buy that?

Cheers

TBH honest mate it would be easier to buy a new engine so long as it's in running condition. then at least you've always got a spare engine to play with (learn how to replace the HG etc etc).

when the engine has been driven for a bit the coolant will go down abit in the bottle when the car gets colder the coolant level will raise back up to max line

at some points when ive driven ive noticed it to have none in. Im gonna give it another fill up with antifreeze and water. If it goes down again im gonna check all radiator pipes etc.

remember that your inlet manifold has coolant jackets on it aswell, it could be just a inlet manifold gasket leaking a little as it will give the same signs apartfrom overheating as a headgasket blow

lol @ Hughes at Save the Fuel. :D well im gonna get it all checked out at weekend anyway see what damage is.

Looks to me that you might have an airlock somewhere in your water system. This is a common problem. I think whoever serviced it for you was trying to make a bit of money out of you by telling you it was the head gasket.

Check for emulsified oil in your coolant. Take the oil filler cap off and look for a creamy residue on the cap, and check the colour of the oil too. If all are ok you can forget about the head gasket and look for little leaks - Titch had a leaky water pump gasket! Might be worth checking m8!

hi i have been a nissan main dealer technician for 12 years now,very few problems with the headgaskets except when changed badly during cam chain modification, but we are changing 3 to 4 rads a week on k11 cars, they tend to show a leak at the bottom of the rad.
hope this helps.

hi i have been a nissan main dealer technician for 12 years now,very few problems with the headgaskets except when changed badly during cam chain modification, but we are changing 3 to 4 rads a week on k11 cars, they tend to show a leak at the bottom of the rad.
hope this helps.

I agree with this man.. Could well be a combination of things.. if your defo down on saturday.. well chack the Rad ( Ive got a spare ) and al the other hoses.. Poss the 1.6TB?

gimme a text anyway mate when your on your way...

Back