parcel shelf

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
hi emma, you should try and get a parcel shelf from a 4 door micra with the speakers. i just got one for mine from the wreckers. 50-75 dollars? there's already a harness plug in the back of the two door micras. so its all plug and play. the original speakers on the parcel shelf arent too bad. its a good option cos it gives you something to listen to while you save up for some good speakers! when you do get your new speakers, just pop the old ones out and screw the new ones in. looks factory too, so its all neat and tidy.

cisco

» CMF Member
I made a really nice one out of MDF, but sorry I don't have a diagram for you. I traced around a factory parcel shelf to make it.

The MDF one is a much more solid base for you to mount rear speakers in.

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
i agree with CISCO, a parcel shelf out of MDF supports the speakers better!

i also traced round my original parcel chelf onto sum MDF and then cut it out. reinforced it with two more pieces of MDF that run HORIZONTAL along the wood :)

i then covered it with BLACK CARPET

u can see the one i made on my profile :)

cisco

» CMF Member
No worries white knight. Yeah I couldn't get the flexible carpet at the time, so the edges were a bit ordinary!

Here's a picture of the parcel tray that I made for blue monster. But now its in the white super s.

Attachments

• 10383.jpg
    10383.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 44

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
You're right Tom...

I don't know how to explain it, but when you see that little mod in real life, it seems so warm and comfy!

Also, note the tape on the catch for the boot... That solves one of the Micra's worst rattles ever... Try it

Sean

cisco

» CMF Member
I must admit, that carpet is one of my favourite mods too.

It was so cheap, so easy and so satisfying when complete.
Really made a huge difference to the feel of the car. Ahh.

Napster, that parcel tray is on our white super s here at home, the one in white knight is another one. The same exact shape, just different carpet.

The tape on the latch wasn't in that photo mighty. The tape goes on that larger latch that you can see. Yeah far out, that was an extremely good fix to a very annoying rattle. The noise of the hatch ever so gently bumping up and down on that latch. Just wrapped a couple of laps of subtle black electrical tape around it and everything's perfect. You can't even notice the tape because its black and looks so clean.

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
cisco in that case did u make both parcel shelfs then?

also how come urs has the "cut out bit in the middle".
im guessing its for the "brake light" that sits at the bottom of the rear screen??

still, urs looks really good. however my parcel shelf was the one that doesnt have the cut out bit to it, so when i traced it onto wood and cut it out it looks exactly like it does. and then theres the fact that my carpet is black, which changes the look of it completely, which is what i was going for!

it was all to do with my boot install and making it all black lol

Napster

Attachments

• 10458.jpg
    10458.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 51

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
cheers 4the comments "emmaclar"!! i like it. it also packs some PUNCH lol when fully going!!

umm the carpet was quite easy to install. as u can see what the amp is attached to is light MDF!! i covered this with the balck carpet.

the parcel shelf is attached with anytin! i cut around the standar parcel shelf and added to bits of stronger wood "horizontal" with the mdf. this supports the parcel shelf up onto the plastic by the rear seat belts!!

ill get some pics of me installing everthing soon 4u

if u need any more info or help. just email me "[email protected]" or post.

Napster

Back