Help with Parcel Shelf Install

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Hi,
I ran a search but didn't come up with anything for this...
I'm making a custom stealth shelf to go in the back of my 96 K11, don't want thieves in the car!
Can anyone recommend any good connectors i can get to put on the speaker wires for the 6x9s in the parcel shelf so that if i decide to take the parcel shelf out in order to fit something big into the boot of the car i can just unplug the speakers rather than having to disconnect them from the amp or snip the wires etc.

Also can anyone recommend the best way to secure down an amp? I'm planning to put it under the passenger seat and aren't to keen about drilling holes through my floor for rust reasons!

Thanks very much.
Rich

Weld some nuts to your floorpan and bolt your amp down with security bolts.

You can get some 4 plug connectors off ebay, I cut mine off an electric scooter, lol.

Thanks that stuff looks ace, plus when i sell the car, unbolt amp, replace parcel shelf, stock speakers and stereo... Tada! Original car again!

The problem with a false floor in the boot is giving enough clearance over the amp so it can dissipate heat, and wouldn't i need to put fans it to keep the air moving? The passenger seat seems and easier and more practical option, i haven't got a super serious system...

i have some spare 4 way multi plugs i got off ebay, if you want one i can send it to you?? only cost me like £1 so you can have it if you want???

yeh a couple of fans would do the trick... well if the underseat option works for you then cool... suppose its okay if you hardly ever have passengers in the back... my amp was too big to hide under the seat and wiring was a bit harder to run discretely from there.. let us know what you decide..

Back