pants grey going black big time

i want to turn my interior black etc... any ideas what dye works best for seats and carpets etc....

and with the head lights how did people get the glass off to paint the inside bits inside and i would have thought that it would need to be heat resistant for the heat....

and what would people think about recovering the seats in leather with maybe a red or white edgeing?

Put the headlights in the oven to soften the glue around the headlight or use a heatgun then prise the glass off, mask off and paint accordingly then reheat the glue and put back together.

I think leather would look kiinda crap in a micra. but its your car so if you like it then go for it!(Y)

There was OEM leather seats in some places.
also dye wise i think McK tried some that just didn't take so don't go out and get just anything.
Painting is easy, just look at my blog. :p

Yeah seats are a big fail as mckenzie told me, found that out too, its funny because i was just going to make a thread regarding my friends micra hes just got, it came with a black interior?! And it hadnt been sprayed or anything, came standard? Anyone ever heard of it?

regarding your lights i used a heat gun (mum wouldn't let me do it in the oven) it was a bit fiddly a case of break the sill on one side wedge it open and move to the next till its done then just mask prime paint heat up the glue and stick the grass back together hope the pics help

P060610_1144.jpg

P060610_1235_01.jpg

P060610_1247.jpg

P060610_1428.jpg

P060610_1438-1.jpg

Back