• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Matt's Grey k11 build project

About 4yrs ago I got given a 1.4 SE with 80k on the clock and I was horrified at the sight of it. Greeny blue 5dr and something I wouldnt want my nan to be seen dead in let alone me. Never did I ever think I would go on to stick another 40k on it, 4yrs of driving and fall in love with the car that never let me down once .

My history for having fun has always been sports bikes and 4wd rally style motors like imprezas and evos etc but something made me go and buy another k11. And hence my next project begins here with this Grey 3dr 2002 tempest i picked up all the way in Coventry for £200.

Seems like a legit rust free 68k miler that spent most it's life easy apart from it's last yr or two with the last owner using it as just eat delivery car. But had been parked up for 8months as he left the country .

Anyway normally people on here state there plans for what they will want to do with there cars and then seem to dissapear and people wonder what happened . I have my plans of what's to happen to this car and I'm sure I'll get it done but rather than talk the talk I'll just post as I go so people don't think I'm just a talker.

Here's some photos of her day I picked her up

Screenshot_20200529-130339.jpg
IMG_20200530_182900.jpg
IMG_20200530_182854.jpg

Sent from my GM1917 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

First job is to get her properly roadworthy. No matter what I do to the car in the future I can't stand knowing she's not drivable and safe at this moment in time so stuck her on the ramp and gave it a thorough going over and heres my list of problems

1.Clicking noise coming from drive shafts when turning . Most probably CV joints
Both CV boots are split so almost confirms this

2.Near side front shock is leaking and seems to be bent.

3.Off side front tyre peeling away from the inner side wall.

4.Auxiliary belts splitting

5.Both number plates shagged .

6.wiper blades too.

7. Issue with lights :loads of bulbs out and side light are using brake lights and vice versa. And braking causes front side lights to come on.

Quite pleased with that to be honest . My main thing is she's dry and seems rust free underneath when I had a good look . Onto ordering the bits.
IMG_20200621_212246.jpg

Sent from my GM1917 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

So you dissapeared too lol

No surprise then.

There are many more profitable & productive things to be doing with one’s life than spending open ended unlimited time & money fixing up a worthless 20year old banger without even an MOT failure list to focus & guide repair work to? :eek:

Last edited:
Back