First time K11 owner.

euro_micra

Matt :)
Hey, I became the owner of 1999 1.0 facelift K11 not so long ago. Used to be my grandads but it's now mine. Sadly it's the worst car I've ever drove :( haha, but it's slowly growing on me :grinning: I joined the MSC(not a paid member yet) to learn a bit more about the little car and use some tips and tricks to make it slightly better, already fixed a broken gearstick return spring thanks to this forum(Y).

Got a few things planned for my K11, nothing over the top, just want to improve it, mainly looks wise. But everything I do will be on a serious budget, so I think I might start a blog sometime, and see what I can do with little money. As my sign-in name suggests I planned making a euro'd Micra. I'm a big fan of deep dish wheels, stretched tyres and sleek looks. I've not seen many euro micras actually. So it may become a mix of euro and jap. So, any tips?

Mods done:
  • xenon look bulbs
  • chrome indicator bulbs
  • carbon fibre gear knob
  • leather gear gaiter
  • removed horrid wheel trim, fitted 1994 wheel centre caps
Mods doing:
  • De-bumpstrip & De-sticker
  • Ga16 Airbox and K&N filter
Mods to do:
  • Replace facelift boot handle with prefacelift boot handle
  • Colour code bumper bits, door handles, boot handle and grills
  • Fit a tachometer
  • Paint and dye interior
WANTED: Lowering Springs and Banded Wheels

thanks for looking!

Any tips you ask? I have one; clearly the car isn't what you want it to be so save your self a lot of time and cash by selling it and finding something that is already the way you want it to be, simple.

Any tips you ask? I have one; clearly the car isn't what you want it to be so save your self a lot of time and cash by selling it and finding something that is already the way you want it to be, simple.

I know what you mean. But don't think it applies with me as the car is exactly what I'm looking for - a cheap run around. If I can make it a little better and add some personality with some spare cash and time, which is what I want to do, why not.

Attachments

• SDC10352.JPG
    SDC10352.JPG
    272.4 KB · Views: 908
welcome euro_micra (Y)

Hi Frank, have been reading your blog with some envy for a while now:blush: Interested in your find of using Matiz rear springs on the front of a Micra. Just not sure what to do with the back, don't want to rethread the shocks.

unpicking and re-dishing your steelies might be a cheaper option

Yeah it's not something I'd trust myself to do though. Keeping my eyes peeled for some ready-made ones.:p

I know what you mean. But don't think it applies with me as the car is exactly what I'm looking for - a cheap run around. If I can make it a little better and add some personality with some spare cash and time, which is what I want to do, why not.

I agree with you and i was the same when i got my k10, i've basically rebuilt the entire car to my own personal spec. But something i need to keep reminding myself every time i get the urge to fiddle with it, is that no matter how much time, effort and money i put into my car it will always be a 21year old cheap runabout and it won't increase the value.
So when you go out buying bits try to get stuff that you could take off and use on another car if you one day decide to change it for something else.

Back