Panhard rod snapped

My panhard rod's just snapped clean down the middle, how vital is it to get it replaced?
I need my car for work tomorrow, but i wouldnt imagine any scrapyards around here would be open on christmas eve. :doh:
Im no stranger to bodge jobs either so would bolting/duck taping it in the middle do for a day or two until i can get a new one?
Cheers

i bet you have a very loose back-end spudders :eek: it wont be very safe to drive imo

I didnt think it would be very safe, i did swerve about a bit to see if the back felt loose at all and i couldnt really tell the difference, maybe just because of the snow? fwn

Its not safe. You need to sort it before driving it again

You may also want to find out why it snapped, they usually just bend. If you sleeved it and bolted it it might be ok for a little while, of course I take no responsibility for any damage caused to you or others.

I've no idea why it snapped, its obviously pretty bent as well though, I've had it welded for now, and a bolt has been welded underneath so it should hold until i can get a new one :)

You may also want to find out why it snapped, they usually just bend. If you sleeved it and bolted it it might be ok for a little while, of course I take no responsibility for any damage caused to you or others.

:suspect::suspect:Did you handbrake it into a kerb or something????????:wow::wow:

Back