painting bumpers and removing trims?

cardiffboy27

Ex. Club Member
hey all ! this is my first post as i have just got my first car!!! and yip its a K10 1.2 GS
i was wondering how easy it is to spray the bumpers mirrors and stuff white? as the car is white
what kind of paint should i use (just the spray cans? and how should p prep them ?
and after looking at all the wicked pictures on here i was wondering how you removed all the trims along the sides?

as it makes the car look so much better than having the black plastic strips i think.
thanks for your help in advance and i will be sure to post you all some pictures when its done :)
cheers agai
Ian Cardiff :laugh:

lots of modles didnt come witht eh black plastic bump strips. they can be removed but it has been known for them to take paint with them. as for the bumpers sand them till there as smooth as u want. then use a plastic primer and colour. halfords will do the paints u need. or u can take them to a body shop. check my progress post

http://www.micra.org.uk/t7875-work-in-progress.html

there are some bits there about me spraying my kit

how much spray paint did you get through?

it looks wicked m8! i can only dream of summin like that at he moment as my micra was left standing for a year and had to be cut out of a bush that grew around it how much paint did ya use on it and what kind of makes ?
cos i think im deffo goin 2 do it :D
cheers Ian k11yellow

cardiffboy27 said:
it looks wicked m8! i can only dream of summin like that at he moment as my micra was left standing for a year and had to be cut out of a bush that grew around it how much paint did ya use on it and what kind of makes ?
cos i think im deffo goin 2 do it :D
cheers Ian k11yellow

check underneith for rust, you might find where its been sat around a bush the sills might of rotted way and then you would be wasting money on moding it tbh

Back