P0420 code on coil pack 2000 K11 1.0S

Hi,

I have one of the facelift K11's and a couple of days ago the engine management light came on. It has now gone out again but I checked and the fault code P0420 is stored which means "Catalyst Efficiency Below Threashold (Bank 1)". Does anyone know if it is just definately the cat on its last legs or possibly something else? Also how much do new cats cost? I see loads for sale for the 92->07/00 micras but none for the facelift migras on ebay etc except a strange looking one. Also are there 2 cats? The Haynes manual does not seem to tell me much (or possibly I cant understand it!)

Thansk,
Jim

all k11's have two CAT's correct me if im wrong but id assume the second cat in the mid section is the same, not sure about coil pack manifolds though as i know they have two lambarda sensors where pre 2000 they only have one.All k11 have a CAT in the manifold from standard.

Yeah just a single cat although the front manifold + cat from a pre facelift fit on a coil pack.
Not sure on how to solve or what that code means, those engines are very very good and can idle quite easily on a single cylinder. lol Never had any problems with my one.

yes its down to the cat were having alot of jap an french car suffering from the same problem i blame it down to the fuel it seems to be very bad fuel britian is gettin

Back