Overheating !

• Thread starter Deleted member 29304
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29304

Hi Everyone,
My K11's radiator has a link in it somewhere, I was thinking of replacing with a rad from Mister Auto's either a Hella or Bolk model at about £50, which one would you say is better as the Hella range which is made in Germany or the Bolk range which are Mister Autos own brand. However for the time being I have tried Holts radweld which didn't work and on saturday just gone, I bought Bluecol rad sealer from shell station on the M3 & that appears to have stopped the leak for the time being. The Bluecol sealer is 500mls to treat the rad twice and the sealer did mention that you pour it in then run engine to harden it the haynes manual does say that I could use a sealer instead of replacing it. The only thing I want to know is how long can I use this sealer and how easy is it to replace the radiator.

yours Peter0003

Honestly I would replace the rad And flush the system , its really a temp fix and how long would the radiator last before its starts to leak somewhere else?

And just cause its made in Germany does not always mean its better , I ended up getting a radiator from a another 1.3 with 116k and it was like new and still is best £10 I spent , I've had a few with eBay rads they were pretty decent aswell only thing I can see Better with some of the bigger brands is you get a warranty really
Can you get a pic of your rad it may show its condition

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Hi Everyone,
My K11's radiator has a link in it somewhere, I was thinking of replacing with a rad from Mister Auto's either a Hella or Bolk model at about £50, which one would you say is better as the Hella range which is made in Germany or the Bolk range which are Mister Autos own brand. However for the time being I have tried Holts radweld which didn't work and on saturday just gone, I bought Bluecol rad sealer from shell station on the M3 & that appears to have stopped the leak for the time being. The Bluecol sealer is 500mls to treat the rad twice and the sealer did mention that you pour it in then run engine to harden it the haynes manual does say that I could use a sealer instead of replacing it. The only thing I want to know is how long can I use this sealer and how easy is it to replace the radiator.

yours Peter0003
First of all don't trust mister auto, loads of rubbish reviews of them saying they have something in stock when they actually don't and you have to sort a refund then. Had also happened to me. Second, stay as far away from rad weld or any sealer, you should fully flush the system now, which is no harm to do anyway just for maintenance. Just keep an eye on the level and top it up every morning and get a new radiator as soon as possible. Even a second hand one is better than rad weld