opinions please

micras69

Deactivated Account
my rocker cover basicly iv removed the "nissan" modded the oil cap slightly (still needing the "nissan" badge on it)

i dont know wether to remove the "twin cam" and leave the 16 valve and vice versa

or totaly smooth it all off?????

Attachments

• 000_0456.jpg
    000_0456.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 216
  • 000_0458.jpg
    000_0458.jpg
    994.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 000_0459.jpg
    000_0459.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 165
I personally don't know, but excellent job on cleaning the cover. If your going to paint it, paint the writing in a different colour to make it really stand out.

lol thanks mate nd are you kidding its not even done :down:, im going to high polish it give it a good old run over the buffer in ma dads work shop and im painting the center (around the holes) red

nice, i like it. i did the reverse and smoothed off everything but the nissan logo. then sprayed it red and took a file to the top of the nissan letters so they came up silver.

i like the idea of a totally smooth one, have an engine that no one is quite sure what it is...

lol well im shure ther going to figure out its a nissan as its a micra :laugh:

but a realy dont know wot to do because i dont want to take it all off and not like it then av got to do it all agen :sleepy:

if i take the twin cam off i feel like 1 of them rif raf with the 16v badge on the side of ma corsa from halfrawds

and if i take the 16 vale off and leave the twin cam, its like so? and? who cares? leaving me with the though "its a bit pointless now isnt it?"

lol grr

lol well im shure ther going to figure out its a nissan as its a micra :laugh:

but a realy dont know wot to do because i dont want to take it all off and not like it then av got to do it all agen :sleepy:

if i take the twin cam off i feel like 1 of them rif raf with the 16v badge on the side of ma corsa from halfrawds

and if i take the 16 vale off and leave the twin cam, its like so? and? who cares? leaving me with the though "its a bit pointless now isnt it?"

lol grr

well you might have had an engine change to some kind of beasty motorbike engine ;)

i would take it all off for the reasons you have listed above, what do you need written on your engine? you could stick letters back on, something like 1300

well you might have had an engine change to some kind of beasty motorbike engine ;)

i would take it all off for the reasons you have listed above, what do you need written on your engine? you could stick letters back on, something like 1300

na just a real lame 1L atm till my babey is born, then it will be time to draw up some plans but thats for a diffrent time....... i dont neeed anythink on the engine as such just not shure wot to leave on and wot not to

anyone got some pics of ther rocker covers in regards to the lettering and oil cap, will be so much help!

Depends on what colour you are going to paint it.

Firstly, if you are chroming it, debadge the whole rocker cover.

Secondly, if you are painting it, then do 2 different colours and leave only the ''16valve'' badge eliminating the twincam part.

Hope that helps bud.

Or Thirdly, (one i like best!) Chrome it all make it shiny and get some magnacor thick red ht leads over it, that will look mint as fcuk!!!

yea that sounds alright,
oh also he he he, i made induction pipeing out of drain pie and it looks awsome and gives the moast fab induction sound, sort of amps it a bit if you get wot i mean and was all done for £3 BARGIN!!!!

here are two custom cams i have made for my cars, ironiclly none of them are actually on any cars at the moment but they will be...

Attachments

• DSC_0038.jpg
    DSC_0038.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 193
  • PICT0087.jpg
    PICT0087.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 168
Post a pic tomorrow plz, should be a good one to see that induction piping, nice one.

will do bud!

here are two custom cams i have made for my cars, ironiclly none of them are actually on any cars at the moment but they will be...

love the nissmo badge on the red 1 do you have any spare or alike?

wot paint did you use? im going to use the folatec paint? but bloodey hell wot a pain in the ass getin in around the ht leed holes to sand

i like them nex mine is red all around the edge and the center is black with the nissan and 16 valves twin cam silver here is a pic
DSC00363.jpg

egherm, i have actualu started removing the letters off my spare cover micra69 and am nearly done polishing it up but i guess you couldnt wait. ah well....
it was going to be in candy red like the red top SR20's but i guess stani will have to have it.

hey ho. some of those look realy nice.

:down: am so sorry bud a pm'd you and you hand keept in touch a thought you forgot im so so bloody sorry giz ya address and al send you 1 of ma spares for the hassle.

its ok matey. dont wory about it.

ill pm you my addy and if you cant live with the guilt. send us a knakered spare...lol

but seriously, its no bother.

its ok matey. dont wory about it.

ill pm you my addy and if you cant live with the guilt. send us a knakered spare...lol

but seriously, its no bother.

no it is bother 2 me, a feel so bad al get it sent asap and its no nakad 1 just needs a clean is all

dont make me feel more guiltey lol pm'd back, oh have you got any spare nismo badges kickin around a can get some ma sell but av got to get em in bulk and i only want 1 not 20

aslong as i have it for the 8th anthony ;):p and nex you must have spent alot of time doing them, i tried it once and my temper isnt good so i eventually ruined it :p

love the nissmo badge on the red 1 do you have any spare or alike?

wot paint did you use? im going to use the folatec paint? but bloodey hell wot a pain in the ass getin in around the ht leed holes to sand

i don't have any spares it came off ebay tho ;) and thanks it took a long time, i used normal paint, the red one is AJ4 flame red from halfords for the normal red micra colour. the HT lead holes were easy, i painted the whole thing red, then put tape around them, and sprayed the middle white.

i like them nex

thanks mate, your one seems to be a negative of my black march one :D

aslong as i have it for the 8th anthony ;):p and nex you must have spent alot of time doing them, i tried it once and my temper isnt good so i eventually ruined it :p

tell me about it mate, they took for ever, but its a job worth doing ;)

lil update, got the oil cap sorted and gave the rocker cover a wee lick of paint

aslo the pics of the £3 bargin induction pipeing requested by micka ;)

Attachments

• 000_0479.jpg
    000_0479.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 162
  • 000_0480.jpg
    000_0480.jpg
    1,006.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 000_0481.jpg
    000_0481.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 155
  • 000_0468.jpg
    000_0468.jpg