Off at the engineer's

cisco

» CMF Member
He is absolutely certain that he can make ABS removed pass fine. So just beautiful. Brakes feel like gold too, real strong powerful booster feeling with the ABS out of the way sapping power from the system.

Should get it back this afternoon with the updated certificate.

Basically ready to go and get rego perhaps next week, let's see how we go.

Once I have some numberplates, life will be so much easier. I'll be able to drive around to various places and get minor things all fixed up properly without needing 1 day rego permits all the time. Yay!

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
Hooray..Finally mate..

Attachments

• 14208.jpg
    14208.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 37

cisco

» CMF Member
Defo.

Plus everyone looks at you when you have no number plates and are driving!! Sucks man :)

Remaining things to fix - once I have rego:
- replace rear muffler with a quieter one with 2.5" holes and 2.5" dump tip.
- Eliminate vibration/resonance at a few particular exact RPM points which is fairly annoying.
- Need driver's side mirror glass.
- Clutch pressure plate is vibrating because I bent the fingers a long time ago from a bad launch when I missed a gear. Just need to remove pressure plate and bend them back straight basically.
- Think turbo is leaking a smidgen of oil, like one of the seals etc.

That's about it.

Attachments

• 14209.jpg
    14209.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 38

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Which engineer are you going through?

AKZ Engineering? If so you're in luck, not only is he Ben's good mate, but the Dickson rego guys look at who the engineer is and see that its John Wilson (I think thats his name, cant remember) and pass you straight away.

He's the guy who did Mighty and the Dickson guys didn't even look for anything under the hood besides the atmo BOV

Sean

cisco

» CMF Member
No its not that guy. But luckily I'm in luck anyway.

Its Canberra Motor Works, and that was what pretty much happened last time. Its like this kind of scam setup system they have going. You pay the engineer a truckload of cash, and he basically writes up that everything is spot on.

Note: He did have some minor things for me to correct last time, but just like a missing split pin etc - so he is thorough.. Then yeah at Dickson they read the thing and just checked the car's height driving over the scrape rails, checked the headlight beams, and checked the exhaust noise. Didn't even hardly look at the car. Bahah.

cisco

» CMF Member
Allright!

Car ready to roll. Everything fine and report ready to pickup on Monday. Going to get the car in a sec.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
You ripper.Monster on the prowl at last.
Be afraid...very afraid.
You need to prowl around Canberra for a few nights and stamp your authority on the local scene.
Go get em big fella.

Attachments

• 14230.jpg
    14230.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 35

cisco

» CMF Member
Everything fully passed as is. That's good news, because I did all the work myself. Apart from making the actual exhaust components. The report says that the car is fit for ACT registration and yeah basically drive straight through.

Man had a bit of a decent drive today and wow what I really noticed is this:
- The car feels really nice and neutral now. One of the aims in removing the ABS and the battery from the front, and gee you can REALLY notice it. Handling is so well balanced now, it was really feeling front badly heavy before all of this.
- Damn, with the coilovers and the 22mm adjustable rear swaybar on maximum setting, the car doesn't even roll one single bit. Feels crazy around corners. So stable - loving it.
- Brakes without the ABS feel more power-assisted than the falcon's mega power assisted brakes. Brakes are awesome!

All coming together really, just got to fix these malicious resonances/vibrations coming from who knows what. Possibly rear muffler clapped out, but not certain.

Attachments

• 14233.jpg
    14233.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 40

cisco

» CMF Member
For sure I'll take a heap of new photos at some stage.

But in short: It looks 100% like an LX/SLX model, I simply installed the factory metal brake lines in the engine bay and master cylinder from those cars. I just kept the ABS booster, which is just slightly larger.

Back